Good deal on a bushcraft/general utility belt knife

From time to time Boker has some really good deals on sale, clearance or discontinued items on their website.  I think this is one of those deals.  It is the Real Steel Bushcraft knife.  As you may or may not know, Real Steel makes some knives for Boker with the Boker brand and, obviously, Boker also sells some knives with the Real Steel name.  In fact, I think that at one time this knife may have also been sold as the 'Boker Bushcraft' knife.  The current version of the Boker Bushcraft, called the Bushcraft Next Generation knife looks a little different but still similar enough to lead me to believe that it is also made by Real Steel. It is listed on Amazon for around $79 and on the Boker site at $99.95.  I think Real Steel may also, now, have a Bushcraft II and the ones I have seen on the 'Tube have more of a tan/coyote color to the scales and sheath rather than black so this might be a 'last generation' knife for the Real Steel brand, too.  Honestly on this knife I prefer the black, anyway.  Real Steel is a Chinese company so if that bothers you then this may not be a deal for you.  I couldn't care less as long as I get a quality knife.

I have actually been considering this knife for some time and have almost pulled the trigger on ordering one at the regular price on more than one occasion but never quite followed through - and now I am glad I waited.  I was considering it even at normal price based on YouTube reviews on channels I trust where the knife generally received very high marks.  I also think it is a nice looking knife.  I like carrying a fixed blade on my belt when not at work or another location that might prevent doing so and I have been wanting to get a 'non-tactical' looking knife with a kydex sheath so that I can carry it horizontal in a cross draw setup or scout carry as I already have things I prefer to carry on my right side. 

This thing is made with D2 steel - which, from my recent purchase of a D2 version of a RAT 1 folder I have learned that I really like.  The Boker Buschcraft Next Generation - the one listed on the Boker site for $99.95 is 440C.  I would much rather have D2, personally.  It also has G10 scales and red liners (the Next Generation has micarta scales so comparable materials there.)  Now for the kicker - the original price of the Real Steel Bushcraft was $69.95 which probably isn't bad, at all, considering the materials used and so on.  Right now, though, Boker has them on their website for $24.99.  It can be difficult to find a decent, 8CR13MOV folder for that price!  I ordered two and with shipping and all the final tally came to $56.93 which is still $13 less than the original list price on one!  I am pretty psyched to get these and try them out.  The link:

https://www.bokerusa.com/fixed-blade-knives/real-steel/bushcraft-02re002?_dbl=%2Fsearch%3FfilterArticleLabel%3DSaleUSA%3BsSearch%3D*

Pics from the website:

STANDARD-10602582b6717a3aee-200x200.jpg

STANDARD-10603582b671a3e579-600x500.jpg

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1