Stopped by Franklin Gun shop

Guest Rooster

Ive been to FGS a few times...definately have one of the better selections in town. I personally have more luck at G&L though. They always beat FGS on price when push comes to shove.

And where is G&L? I live near FGS but all the reviews on Google are saying their prices are too high. I love to support a local business, within reason of course.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bigbovine

My Experience with FGS and GandL. Both Feindly, depending. When I first started making my rounds years ago, G and L wasn't too freindly. A few purchases and a lot of visiting and talking later, they became freindlier (Human Nature, Guys). On the other hand, FGS not as feindly(To me), but not bad either. Once again, the more time spent, the more familier the face, the more freindly people become. ( Human Nature). Nothing to complain about unless you expect absolute worship from the sales. Are there times I was ignored? Sure. But you get that everywhere(Maybe). That aside, Prices tend to be a little higher in Franklin, but that may have to do with taxes or something. But in the end, anything I have looked at has usually been within $30 to $50 between stores. Not enough to holler about. Selection would probably have to go to FGS. For G and L, The Hendersonville store doesn't have the selection of the Greenbrier store.

Thats my 2 cents.

Guest nicemac

I have shopped–and bought from–both (G&L and FGS) and both have beat the other on price, depending on the item quoted. Both have been friendly and I will continue to shop at both places. I tend to go into FGS more often, as I pass the place 5 or 6 times per week. Despite rantings, their prices are competitive and they have a lot of guns in that store.

G&L in Greenbrier has more products per square foot than any other business I have ever stepped for in… That place is packed floor to ceiling.