Dan Wesson Valor

JeffsSig

I had to find something to use my extra grips on:

So I bought a LNIB (about 3 months old) Dan Wesson Valor the other day and I have had time to place 50 rounds down range and all I can say is WOW. (Yes I can shoot your eye out at 20 yards on a rest.):D

The Valor is stainless, with a nice "Duty" coat matte black coating. This coating is a ceramic base.

I think its one of the best looking 1911s available today. I really like the Clean look without all the Graffiti stamped and cut into the sides of the frame and slide. Along with the solid trigger adds a bit of class to it.

This trigger feels like ummmm… Well I can’t describe it but it is by far the best trigger I have ever used. Very light and breaks like crystal. The slide is smooth and solid. The fit and (as I stated before) finish is very top shelf.:D

I did change the grips that came on it. I like the feel and looks of the thicker wood ones and I will be buying some burl ones soon. The factory grips show dirt and oil real easy as a side note, being woven micarta VZ grips.

Overall I am 110% glad I bought this gun and Id recommend it to anyone wanting a mid price range 1911.

Just get ready for a hunt to find one. As they only make a few of these every year and not many for sale out there.

DW.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.