Judiciary Committee Meeting Now!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

HB0582 by *Fincher, *Coleman. (SB0674 by *Faulk, *McNally, *Burchett, *Woodson.)

Criminal Offenses - As introduced, broadens the offense of second degree murder to include a knowing or intentional throwing, casting, hurling, projecting or shooting of any object, rock, stone, missile, projectile or any other substance at, on, or into any motor vehicle that results in death of another. - Amends TCA Title 39.

Passed

HB0390 by *Fincher. (SB0578 by *Jackson.)

Handgun Permits - As introduced, permits handgun carry permit holders to possess or carry a loaded rifle, loaded shotgun, or loaded magazine or clip therefore while in a motor vehicle. - Amends TCA Title 39, Chapter 17.

Passed

Guest abailey362
HB0390 by *Fincher. (SB0578 by *Jackson.)

Handgun Permits - As introduced, permits handgun carry permit holders to possess or carry a loaded rifle, loaded shotgun, or loaded magazine or clip therefore while in a motor vehicle. - Amends TCA Title 39, Chapter 17.

Passed

that would be awesome if this goes through. no more having to load and unload mags for range trips.

*HB0070 by *Fincher. (SB0474 by *Berke.)

Criminal Procedure - As introduced, deletes subsection in self-defense law providing that a person not justified in use of deadly force to prevent or terminate trespass on real property or unlawful interference with personal property. - Amends TCA Title 39, Chapter 11, Part 6.

passed amended

0960 carry in parks looks like its getting delayed for a week due to a disagreement of who would set the rules for a park if the park is jointly owned by a city and county or public private etc

I still haven't seen the text of the amendment on the state's website, so I am a little confused. Would the amendment allow carry in local parks by default and local goverment would have to vote and/or post against it or does it leave it against the law by default and local goverments would have to vote and/or post to allow it?

My understanding is that you would be able to carry a long gun in a vehicle loaded. Not just mags.

That is my take as well.

Although loaded mags is sort of the reason for the bill...because in TN a loaded mag in the vicinty of the gun means the gun is considered loaded.....and actually...even if this bill passes that will still be the case...so if you dont' have a HCP it won't help you any in that regard.

Guest GUTTERbOY
that would be awesome if this goes through. no more having to load and unload mags for range trips.

Seriously. I've unwittingly broken the law a time or two before I knew about this one... it never would have occurred to me that simply having a loaded magazine in the vehicle would be a crime.