judiciary committee meeting criminal procedures.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7. *HB0798 by *Campfield. (SB1261 by *Bunch.)

Firearms and Ammunition - As introduced, authorizes full-time faculty and staff at public colleges and universities in Tennessee to carry handguns if not otherwise prohibited by law. - Amends TCA Title 39, Chapter 17, Part 13.

8. *HB0823 by *Campfield. (SB1248 by *Bunch.)

Firearms and Ammunition - As introduced, authorizes certain law enforcement officers and military personnel to carry weapons on public colleges and universities. - Amends TCA Title 39, Chapter 17, Part 13.

both delayed

16. *HB0584 by *Fincher. (SB1823 by *Herron.)

Law Enforcement - As introduced, permits the disclosure of mental health records when requested by a state or federal law enforcement agency for the purpose of conducting a firearm criminal history background check on the patient. - Amends TCA Title 10, Chapter 7, Part 5; Title 24, Chapter 1, Part 2 and Title 33, Chapter 3, Part 1.

Summary exists for *HB0584

Delayed

And the one I was watching for:

17. *HB1395 by *Evans. (SB1724 by *Bunch.)

Firearms and Ammunition - As introduced, prohibits employers from prohibiting persons possessing a handgun carry permit from transporting and storing a firearm out of sight in a locked vehicle on any property set aside for vehicles. - Amends TCA Title 39, Chapter 17, Part 13.

The Abstract summarizes HB1395 as introduced.

Delayed 4 weeks

Guest GhostHunter

To the best of my recollection, he and his cronies killed them in subcommittee.

Quite nefarious and underhanded I might add.

GhostHunter

Guest db99wj
To the best of my recollection, he and his cronies killed them in subcommittee.

Quite nefarious and underhanded I might add.

GhostHunter

Yea, he would sit in and vote on the bills in the committees, can't remember if it is these above, or the next one.

Yea, he would sit in and vote on the bills in the committees, can't remember if it is these above, or the next one.

It was in the Criminal Practices and Procedures sub-committee.

So all the ones that have made it out of there have gone futher than they ever have at least.

Guest bkelm18
ya'll dont gget all happy... these still have a ways to go. Remember what I said when everyone was all happy about the Republican majority.... you cant count your chickens...

I see no problem with a little celebration. After all, these have gotten further than they have in the past.

ya'll dont gget all happy... these still have a ways to go. Remember what I said when everyone was all happy about the Republican majority.... you cant count your chickens...
I see no problem with a little celebration. After all, these have gotten further than they have in the past.

Anyone have a sense of whether our esteemed Governor will sign them or not? :)

Guest Rick O'Shay
Anyone have a sense of whether our esteemed Governor will sign them or not? :)

Well crap!

How do I get a champagne cork back into the bottle?

Guest db99wj
It was in the Criminal Practices and Procedures sub-committee.

So all the ones that have made it out of there have gone futher than they ever have at least.

That's what I was thinking, but wasn't for sure. Well hopefully it will keep chipping away and come up for a full vote. Keeping fingers crossed.