Info on Maryville,Tn. Show 3/28&29/09!

Guest slim

Need some help please, is this show in Maryville worth going to? It says 120 tables and i wonder how many of those will be beanie-babies or knives etc. Is it worth a 105 mile drive?

I dont like to drive further than Knox. and there are no others near Chatt. till

3/9&10/9 in Athens which also has only 100 tables and other than that for me the next maybe decent one is 5/30/31/9 in Chatt. at Camp Jordan which is a long time away and surely i will need my gunshow fix before then!:P

Thanks, James

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Spuds

I like gun shows. Still, I've yet to hear anything positive about these shows. And Ken's Guns is there, that's a big negative.

The big Expo show in Knoxville is only 5 weekends away.

Guest onefastgun45

I live in Maryville and went to the last one they had at the armory and wasnt that impressed. mostly guns but the usual few tables with knives and other assorted non gun material as well. Also didnt notice many deals. but who knows mabye this time. I definately wouldnt drive from chattanooga to this show. just my 2 cents.

I dont know whats going on, but i cant find a listing for a show at the expo center in Knox. for april anywhere?:eek:

Maybe i need to find a better listing than this one http://www.gunshows-usa.com/ i almost missed one also at knox. at the expo last yr. and found out about it from Spuds also! Is there a listing which covers all of them including the expo ones?;)

Thanks James

Not as far as i know, but in past whenever i ordered anything even handpick $10. extra being adversided as exc.+ i get someting in fair to good cond. at best! Seems each co. has its own rating standards and they vary a lot, last yr. i was looking for a rom. tok. My dealer said he had just ordered 3 in exc. cond. 3 days later when i came to check them out, dealer was upset since he said they were in fair cond. at best, they all had 2-3 dime size rust spots

on the slide and were simply re-dipped, but each box was marked exc.

I could be wrong, but as far as i have heard, the only place that has the yugo m-57 is SOG, i did not see them at Centerfire, all there were romanian ones!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest siegfried

From all i heard, it seems the Maryville show really isnt worth going to, all the ones in the past were lousy.:koolaid:

There is a big one in Knox. on 4/18 & $/19 which is not to far off, but if one lives close by, that is another story!:death:

Guest looneeetunes

i was going to go. i went this morning at 9 when they opened. parking lot was full, people parking in grass, and honestly i would guess 200 people in line. i turned around and left. might go tomorrow

Guest TennFarmer

Don't make a long trip for it. No deals to be had, in fact prices were stupid. One guy was trying to sell boxes of 380 fmj for $40/box of 50.

The National Guard is gonna be pissed when they see all that government grass all torn up and now a mud hole. The only guys making money were the AAA trucks pulling cars out of the mud.

Hey Slim, wanna carpool? I'm thinking of going up on Sunday.

Thank's for the invite, but will have to decline. This is my first time back in a week, i have been on "Vacation" so i havent even been able to get on the site.

Have been doing Jury Duty for the last few weeks, which is no fun, spend all day working in the yard and have a few things to get done after church sunday, if you go have a good time and be careful where you park,so you wont have to get towed out of the grass.

Best wishes, James:tough: