I had some Cabela points saved up and thought I'd use them on something at my local Bass Pro. I was wanting to get a new multitool for EDC and ended up gettimg the Leatherman Wave+. It has 18 tools. I read it is one of their most popular items. I like it so far. The blades can be opened one-handed which is nice. Anyone on here who has one? What are your likes and dislikes on it?

• Like 1

I carried a Wave+ at work as a boat builder for years. I went to a MUT 2 years ago for the bigger frame but the Wave + is my favorite medium framed multi tool. Ive broken them in about every way possible through very rough abusive use but they will put up with way more abuse than the smaller models or any gerber Ive ever carried. If you can find one, get one of the older leather style cases and itll carry better than the newer nylon sheath

I have one somewhere, I accumulated a bunch of multi-tools, Leatherman, Gerber, and SOG, currently carry the Gerber because of the abrasive blade.

s-l1600.webp

I quit carrying a big single blade folder because I find a multitool or swiss army knife to be more practical. I have the original wave and the mut and I can't say which I love more.

I’m not sure which Leatherman tool I have, it’s an older one, from back when I wasn’t aware they made more than one model, if they ever did back then.  I carried it for a long while, but for some reason I stopped and it ended up in an office drawer then later a carry bag.  I also have a gerber multi tool in the truck. I found that I didn’t need to carry one but still like having one close by.

• Like 1

I've carried a Leatherman Blast for years. I wanted the smallest thing I could find with both scissors and pliers, plus the screwdrivers and such.  Its super handy but I rarely use the blade, as I have a pocket knife for that. 

I've been on the hunt for a belt sheath that will hold it and a AAA flashlight.  

7 minutes ago, peejman said:

I've carried a Leatherman Blast for years. I wanted the smallest thing I could find with both scissors and pliers, plus the screwdrivers and such.  Its super handy but I rarely use the blade, as I have a pocket knife for that. 

I've been on the hunt for a belt sheath that will hold it and a AAA flashlight.  

Something like this?

71vo9BnuG8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081GVZZC8?th=1

48 minutes ago, peejman said:

Similar, yes. I like leather, but that's way too big for my taste.  That looks like a CR123 flashlight, mine is closer to a micro-streamlight. I've seen a few on Amazon or just Google image searches, but nothing that really jumped out at me. 

I know what you mean, I'm REALLY picky about EDC gear. I won't waste money on "close enough" either.