Beretta Gallatin - are there still issues (April 2024)?

Have read many instances of quality issues with Gallatin made Berettas - most Google results seem to be from 2018-2020. Does anyone have experience with a current production model, and have the fixed the quality issues? The issues seem to be : 1. Machining, 2. Fitting, 3. Poor Finish.  4. Some of the metal parts have been replaced with plastic parts.

I'm finding some online dealers with SKU's that are not on the current Berretta site but appear to be the same models. Could those be "old bad" models, and new SKU's are improved.

Thanks,

Edited by elbereth
typo

I’ll give a small sample. 

I bought an apx carry on a whim at my LGS when they had a rebate running in 2020. Tolerances were off. Slide was too tight, even after polishing the feed ramp would get a stovepipe. It had the worst trigger I’ve ever used, they say factory it’s supposed to be DA 12.5  and SA maybe 6.5 (going off of memory) but I swear it was more. Very spongy as well. Worst trigger I’ve used other than the early middle SCCY/SKYY triggers.  Thought I couldn't shoot it worth a damn because of the ridiculously heavy pull and was consistently landing rounds low left. Handed it to a friend with pistol skills and trigger time and he had the same issue. Sights were also off. 

One of the few guns that I’ve sold outright. I follow a lot of firearm threads and will say that everyone complains of the fit and finish on the Gallatin guns. Very few complaints about the A400s that are made there. I’d consider getting an A400 from that plant but I already have a 1301. 

Small sample size. I wouldn’t do it. I also looked into doing maintenance for them as it’s close to home and the pay scale from operators and up is severely low for the industry. Seems gun manufactures kind of hope they get gun people to work for poverty wages, and that was also echoed on a S&W forum regarding their plant workers. Would explain QA issues. 

Small sample size. I personally will not buy a handgun unless it’s manufactured at the Italy plant. Would consider a shotgun. I think their rifle line is ugly as sin. 

• Like 1

I’ve bought 3 92’s between 2019 - 2022 that came from the TN plant. All 3 were web orders, sight unseen.

2019 - 92G Brigadier Volunteer. Absolutely perfect.

2019 - 92 Compact. Action fit issues heavy galling and shavings in the action. The locking block was shaving pieces off the frame. Factory obviously doesn’t check after test firing. Sent to Beretta and received new replacement gun approx a week later. The replacement was perfect.

Nov 2022 - Wilson 92G Centurion. Almost perfect. It’s technically perfect but pet peeve for 92 fans when the barrel lockup doesn’t leave barrel centered in slide, rather slightly offset. Not much you can do. it’s cosmetic and not considered a defect. it doesn’t effect how the gun shoots. Sometimes a locking block swap may help center. It’s the downside of ordering over the web versus hand selecting at the LGS if you are ok paying the extra $200 -  $300 for one of these with a centered barrel. tbh, with the premium on the Wilsons and the marketing that they hand select parts for fit, I thought it was ironic that gun had the offset when the two other ‘cheap’ of the shelf 92’s didn’t.

while 1 out of 3 doesn’t seem great, the customer service and call back I got from a supervisor on the 92 compact with turnaround on a new replacement was outstanding. full marks. 

For a standard gun that is not significantly higher priced at an LGS, I would have zero hesitation getting one I could lay hands on. The issues that cause concern can usually be felt in cycling the action or are visually obvious with a light in the action / taking the slide off if allowed.  and you can avoid an off centered barrel too lol. 

• Like 2