SIG SHR 970

Guest adamoxtwo

Guest adamoxtwo

I am interested in a SIG SHR 970 with extra barrles. Has anyone shot this rifle, and if so what were your thoughts on it? If anyone has one that would like to get rid of please let me know.Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a SIG SHR 970 with a synthetic stock chambered in 30-06. It's my good ol' hunting rifle. I love it. It shoots great, is very well built, has a free floating barrel, and is more accurate than i am. The rifle is fairly rare i believe. Sigarms didn't make too many of them i don't think. The parts are getting rarer to come by. I'll post pictures of mine when i get a chance.

Gunsmithing Services - Online Gun Shop - Online Firearms Store - Bass Pro Shops: Suisse Arms - Model SHR 970 Deluxe. 30-06.

pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/FIREARMS/sig_shr970.pdf

Modern Firearms - Sniper Rifles - SIG STR 970

Oh and welcome to TGO ;)

Were you wanting the 30-06, the 7mm, the 25-06 or ???

I've heard different things about each.

What did you hear about them?

I haven't gotten around to taking pictures of my rifle yet. I'll try to do it later on today.

Guest adamoxtwo

I'm not sure my shoulder could handle the 30-06 or the 7mm. I had a complete reconstruction after an accident and my shoulder is held together with Kevelar Twine, so I would be interested in probably the .270 or the 25-06. I don't think they made a barrel for the 243. I know that was a trial Sig Arms tried to appeal to the folks who can't afford a $3,000 rifle for hunting. Only problem is they still ran around $600 base. The barrles were running around $200 so people were able to by two rifles cheaper then the this one. I want that rifle for the accuracy and the quality. If anyone know's anyone who has one and would like to get rid of it, I will gladly take it off their hands.