Finding a P22?

Guest BigBoostDSM

Guest BigBoostDSM

Hey guys, I'm looking to get a .22lr pistol and I've decided to go with the 3.5" Walther P22. I've shot the P22, an mk3, and a Buckmark. I enjoyed the Ruger and the Browning but there is just something about the P22 that I like. My girlfriends mom and step dad also have both of those pistols, so I want to have something different since I have relatively easy access to both of those pistols.

I went hunting for one today, but with no luck. I'm on a tight budget of 320 OTD.

Store 1 is the place that I usually go to. They are out of the 3.5" P22 and they aren't sure when they will get another, claiming that they are becoming kind of scarce to find new. They have the best price in the area (275 for black and 269 for the OD green), but as I said they aren't in stock. They do have a 5" P22 for 349, a Sig mosquito (Feels really nice but a bit out of my price range) for 369, and a used ruger mk3 for 199. They also have plenty of new Buckmarks/Mk3's but like I said, I'm not really interested in those at this time.

Store 2 has 2 P22's in stock. One is a USED black P22 for 289 and a new silver/black P22 for 349. Obviously pretty steep as I can pick up a mosquito for another 20 dollars at store 1. The only upside to this is that I can get the gun tomorrow. I'm not really in a huge hurry, but I'd rather have it sooner than later.

There are a couple more stores I want to check out Friday, but I'm not sure where that will get me.

Any suggestions where to look? I'm in East TN (Knoxville), but I don't mind driving for the right deal. Nashville is about as far as I'd go. Also, are the guys at store 1 right about the P22 being hard to find at the moment?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can get a Sig for 20 bucks more, you would be a fool not to jump on that.

The Sig is a much nicer gun, and actually feels like a real firearm, and not a toy.

If you dont have the funds to make the Sig deal happen, perhaps you can put the gun on layaway and pick it up in a few weeks when you have the available funds.

I know you want something NOW but I really think waiting and picking up the Sig will make you happier in the long run.

$320 otd ought to be doable. My wholesaler has 10+ in stock and they are in the top 5 gun wholesalers, so I dont think they are hard to get.

Yeah, P22s are easy to get.

I have 3 in stock and would do 320.00OTD to a TGO member but we are 3 hours from Knox.

Guest Phantom6

Check with Charlie's Knives and Guns in Oak Ridge. I know he doesn't have one in stock right now but he orders from the same wholesalers the other's do so I'm sure he could get it fairly quickly (24 hrs.). I'm sure he could do 320 otd. his number is 482-0797. Call after 1300 as he works another job at DOE and gets into the shop about then. Ask for Charlie, Sam or Mike.

Guest BigBoostDSM

utarch00 - I'll take a look at them if I can't find something local.

Rabbi - I'm pretty sure I should be able to get it for 320 otd, I've just got to find one :up: Maybe I wasn't pushing the guy hard enough, or maybe he just didn't want to make a sale ;) I'm really liking the green frame p22, do you know if those are harder to get?

Hero Gear - The sig is 20 dollars more than the more expensive P22. It's 370, so I'm looking at 420ish otd which is 100 more than I'd like to spend. I know it's a real nice gun and I'd love to have one, it's just not within my budget at this point. Maybe I will hold off on buying a .22 for a month or so and save the extra money that I'd need to get the mosquito. Also, if I can't find something local for a good price I'll shoot you a PM. Thanks.

Phantom - I'll give them a call Friday, thanks man!

Guest BigBoostDSM

Update - Store 1 is going to get some this week so I'll be picking one up one day after class. I'm also thinking I'm going to buy a lower while I'm at it so that I can start an AR build. Plus I'll save some money on the background check.

They also told me that the Green frame P22's have been discontinued.

Guest jediihaf

S&R Guns in Algood always has P22s every time I've been in there. Last time I was in there he has one with CT laser grips, was really nice. Steve says he sells lots of P22s so he always has some. Give Steve a call chances are he's got a few with different options. The store's information is.

EDIT - He is also a Class III dealer, he does a great deal of stuff with ARs and is a very good smith aswell.

S & R Guns. 434 West Main Street. Algood, TN 38506. 931-537-6862. srg454@frontiernet.net.

Guest jediihaf
How close to Knoxville is that? I guess I could google map it, but I'm feeling lazy :confused:

I'd say about an hour and fifteen minutes maybe. His store is right off Highway 111, you take 40 towards nashville, when you see Highway 111 head north, it's like 3 miles north straight off the highway, very easy to find.

Guest jediihaf

I just talked to Steve over at S&R in Algood. He sells the P22s for 319 out the door, if it breaks within the first 30 days he'll replace it immediately at the shop. If it ever breaks after that for 20 bucks he will immediately replace it at the shop and deal with the manufacturer for you. Steve is the man.

Guest BigBoostDSM

Thanks for the info.

The store I usually go to will be getting 6 in this afternoon, so I'll be heading over after dinner to pick one up as well as a stripped AR lower.

Guest BigBoostDSM

Well, turns out they were full of it :koolaid:

Went in there and they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about. I was in there this afternoon at 1:30 or so and they said they'd be getting some in, got back at 6:30 and they said they won't be getting any for a while because the distributors are backed up.

So I'm still looking. Sucks too, cause I was going to pick up the P22 and the lower as well. I like the gun store and their prices but it'd be nice if they knew when/if they were actually going to get guns in ;)

I can order one tomorrow, and have it in on Friday before I leave for Knoxville, if you're still interested. My distributor has 30 3.4" black frame, 84 5" black frame, 6 California-approved 5" black frame, 4 5" nickel slide, 15 3.4" black frame with red dot scope, 46 3.4" black frame with laser.

Give me a call tonight, and I'll give you an OTD price on whichever model you want.