Not for sale but need info on it.

Guest Kang

my sister in law gave me he fathers Sears & Roebuck model 200 12ga was wondering if its worth anything. was gonna buy a tactical shotgun but kinda like this. will get pics when i pick it up.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TurboniumOxide

You can find digital versions of the Sears catalog which go back 100+ years, and find out how much the gun cost originally. My granny gun 10GA double barrel with scrolled hammers was originally 12 dollars in the 1930 Sears catalog. It's not worth anything now because of its laminated Belgian barrel construction. Old ammo was very corrosive and it looks like it was never cleaned and is definitely unsafe to shoot. Just FYI.

Get yourself a mossberg 500 pump and save the family heirloom.

Edited by TurboniumOxide
Guest Bluemax

Sears had several guns manufactured for them by Marlin, Remington and others. They were marketed under a number of names including JC Higgins and Ted Williams. Just because of this does not mean the gun has no value. I have a JC Higgins 22 my dad bought me that no money can buy. My best advice is to have a Smithy look it over and if he determines it safe: then the value is based on how much you value the gun.

ive seen the gun a few times and it looks almost new minor surface rust. But will have a gun smith check it out as i just plan to put it away. i had a moss b4 but my nephew wanted it so he has it now lol. i guess ill get another 1.

I have a 16 ga bolt action sears and roebuck actually made by H&R and I love it. I dont think they are worth a whole lot but they are good guns. If you are needing any parts check out Welcome to Numrich Gun Parts Corp. they have most everything for older guns.

thanks alot ill check that out if i need parts.