Gang Activity in Columbia

Guest Muttling

Guest Muttling

Greetings all,

As a teacher, I get gang activity briefings from the police gang task force every year. Last year, they said gang activity in Columbia was growing at a fast rate.

This year, they are saying that Columbia has a serious gang problem with multiple gang related crimes each week and 3 gangs having established themselves. (I'm not going to name names as I'm not interested in glorifying any of them.)

This past week, a friend of mine was chased to a neighbor's house in her subdivision by 5 teens. Long story short, when police arrived they found and questioned, then released (the only crime was simple assault and even that was a stretch.) All 5 were known to have gang affiliation. Ages ranged from 13 to 17 and none were from her neighborhood.

Police informed her that gang activity is on the rise and that this is gang initiation season (which normally lasts through October.)

I am happy she's safe and I really don't want to hear of any of our TGO members pushing up daisies. (Including those ultra conservatives that frequently debate me.....I'll take a raging conservative who's willing to engage in respectful debate over a dead one any day of the week.)

Carry smart, stay safe, and defend yourself when necessary.

Sincerely,

Mutt

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.