Photo of my Female and Pups!

Guest GlocKingTN

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RN MEDIC

Beautiful dog and pups. Are the puppies on a wood floor outside? Might want to consider adding some cedar ships for them. Vet told us not to use straw as there are far more fleas & stuff in straw, but not in cedar. When we had a small pup, we put the same cedar chips that the stores have for a hamster cage and worked real good.

Do you sell the puppies, keep that many, or give them to people? Nice dog.

We have a big yellow female lab who is very protective of us, but she can't have live pups from some kind of condition. All her pups would be born dead so we just had her spayed some time ago.

RN

Guest GlocKingTN
Beautiful dog and pups. Are the puppies on a wood floor outside? Might want to consider adding some cedar ships for them. Vet told us not to use straw as there are far more fleas & stuff in straw, but not in cedar. When we had a small pup, we put the same cedar chips that the stores have for a hamster cage and worked real good.

Do you sell the puppies, keep that many, or give them to people? Nice dog.

We have a big yellow female lab who is very protective of us, but she can't have live pups from some kind of condition. All her pups would be born dead so we just had her spayed some time ago.

RN

Thanks RN. I do sell them, but at real good prices I think. My puppies have German Bloodlines and that means a lot in the breeding and selling aspect. From a licensed breeder, or someone who does it for a living. These pups would be anywhere from $400-1200 each. I ask $300 and that is negotiable. I cant really afford to give them away. It does cost quite a bit of money to keep them in good health and of course feed and raise them, the right way!

Once the pups can walk, I will put the chips in the kennel. But while their still in the dog house with their mother, i usually just lay down some old sheets, etc. I have to be careful with the old sheets and stuff because they will roll and tumble and get tangled up in them. I will get up more pics as they get older.

Guest GlocKingTN

I went and checked on the pups again. I found 1 almost dead this morning. I brought it in the house and realized that it was freezing. Maybe so cold it could not even eat. So therefore, I think I have found my problem. They are freezing to death. I do have a heat lamp in the dog house and it seems to pretty warm in there. Maybe warm for me wasnt warm enough for them. My wife is now bottle feeding the one I brought in the house. He seems to be doing a little better for now. The other 3 left, are still in the doghouse and look alot more healthy than any of the others. 2 of them actually look fat! I hope these 4 live!

Guest Archimedes

OMG, so sorry to hear about the pups.

It's very sad, but the Big Guy always has a plan.

Here's my boy, Kirby:

kirby.jpg

I named him Kirby because he sucked food up like a vacuum when I first got him as a pup.

Good luck with the rest of the pups. As soon as I can get a decent fence up here, I'm gonna get me a female pup so Kirby can have a playmate.

~Archi

Guest GlocKingTN

Well, I have 2 females that are beautiful. They will be looks like Black/Red. Let me know when you get ready for one. Kirby is a good looking GSD. How old is he?

Guest GlocKingTN

Well, still got the 3 pups. They almost have their eyes open. I figure within the next 2-3 days, they will be open. I will post up some more pics when they get them open.

Guest GlocKingTN

The 3 little ones are still with me so far. I went out and checked on them a few minutes ago, and they are trying to open their eyes. Plus they are still fat and chubby! Just thought I would give an update!