M44

Guest Drewsett

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is C&D Firearms? And why do they think so highly of their M44's?

I mean they are getting harder to find but it is not that bad yet.

Agreed... you can find them for $130 or less if you keep your eyes open. I've seen them for less than that on the net and at gun shows just in the past few months.

Guest GenNBForrest
Who is C&D Firearms? And why do they think so highly of their M44's?

I mean they are getting harder to find but it is not that bad yet.

C&D is a FFL in Oak Ridge TN specializing in C&R firearms.

I pickup 4 M44's at Gun's&More a little over a years ago for $100 OTD each. Since then availability has dropped.

I check all the mil surplus sources daily and I have seen the trend for less and less available quality M44's.

If you have a source for quality M44's for $130 or less.........I'm listening:cool:

If you have a source for quality M44's for $130 or less.........I'm listening:cool:

I did not make the 130 dollar quote but I have seen them at the least several gunshows from 100 to 150. Just got to look around, they are out there.

Even if they dry up altogether I am not dropping 250 bucks on one. They are not that nice of a firearm.

what is wrong with your stock?

Nothing. I just want one with all the original shellac on it.

BTW, NBF...you did a great job on that stock! I, unfortunately, had to redo the stock on my M44. The shellac was really flaking off. Stripped with denatured alchyhol, then put 2 coats of garnet shellac on, stained with Feibing's Dark Brown, little more shellac, little more stain. Basically, I finished it in shellac, which is correct, but in a way that the wood itself is not stained. Turned out a really nice Commie Red.

Guest GenNBForrest
I did not make the 130 dollar quote but I have seen them at the least several gunshows from 100 to 150. Just got to look around, they are out there.

Even if they dry up altogether I am not dropping 250 bucks on one. They are not that nice of a firearm.

IMO, the availability of the M44 has slowed down a bunch? You don't see them everywhere like you use to. I was at the "least" gunshow, Friday afternoon making the rounds. If there had been some nice, matching number M44's for $100 - $150 to be found.........I might have pick them up. Why?.........because of supply and demand. Same as the Yugo M48's I bought from Classic in 2005 for $109 are now going for $250+, The non RC VZ24's I bought in 2004 for $159 now sell for $250+. Even in 2002 I bought 2K rounds of 5.56 M855 for $189 per 1K. Now.......$450+

I agree there are some M44's out there cheaper that $150 that are a little rough or better yet......the sell is not aware the supply is tighten up and still has priced as so. And, I also agree they are not the greatest milsurp firearm but an investment is an investment.:popcorn:

I am not argueing with you about it Forrest.. They are drying up. 91/30's are harder to get too at some gun shows. I don't doubt though that more M44's will turn up. I would not be surpised if someone is sitting on a truckload of them to drive a higher price. The gazillion they made can't all be gone yet.

IMO, the availability of the M44 has slowed down a bunch? You don't see them everywhere like you use to. I was at the "least" gunshow, Friday afternoon making the rounds. If there had been some nice, matching number M44's for $100 - $150 to be found.........I might have pick them up. Why?.........because of supply and demand. Same as the Yugo M48's I bought from Classic in 2005 for $109 are now going for $250+, The non RC VZ24's I bought in 2004 for $159 now sell for $250+. Even in 2002 I bought 2K rounds of 5.56 M855 for $189 per 1K. Now.......$450+

I agree there are some M44's out there cheaper that $150 that are a little rough or better yet......the sell is not aware the supply is tighten up and still has priced as so. And, I also agree they are not the greatest milsurp firearm but an investment is an investment.;)

When I bought my M-44 in 2003 the dealer had a pile 2 feet high on a table for $65 each. The one I bought was a Polish made and has the cleanest, smoothest metal finish I've ever seen on any Mosin. If I would have known then how much the price would increase I would have bought 5 of them.

Guest Drewsett
When I bought my M-44 in 2003 the dealer had a pile 2 feet high on a table for $65 each. The one I bought was a Polish made and has the cleanest, smoothest metal finish I've ever seen on any Mosin. If I would have known then how much the price would increase I would have bought 5 of them.

I am so unhappy to hear they were so cheap then...I would have bought several then. As it is I am seeing $200+ is the norm now, although I haven't been walking around too many gunshows (Bill Goodman in Nashville a couple months ago) and the dealers only had a couple. Didn't see anyone carrying one around to sell.

Only have seen a couple on this site, and of course all sold before I had funds available or have been modified too much from the original for me to desire them too much.

I am so unhappy to hear they were so cheap then...I would have bought several then. As it is I am seeing $200+ is the norm now, although I haven't been walking around too many gunshows (Bill Goodman in Nashville a couple months ago) and the dealers only had a couple. Didn't see anyone carrying one around to sell.

Only have seen a couple on this site, and of course all sold before I had funds available or have been modified too much from the original for me to desire them too much.

I can imagine that somewhere in Russia or Poland there's a huge warehouse with about 10K M44's just waiting for some importer.

Guest Drewsett
I can imagine that somewhere in Russia or Poland there's a huge warehouse with about 10K M44's just waiting for some importer.

We can only hope...and sooner rather than later.