Antler Mounts?

Hey all, well, the season FINALLY turned around this past week...I was fortunate enough to bag a 9 point (one broken off...wish it were a 10)...large mass and he was a beast...dressed weight will be known tomorrow when I call the processer....took me forever to get him in the vehicle....also, bagged a 7 point...not quite as large but the freezer is going to be stocked for the season for sure. Now the question...wish I could afford to have the 9 mounted...it would have been gorgeous but....anyway...I had the antlers cut from both...who knows anthing about the mounting kits available for the antlers...any info appreciated....by the way...I know this is worthless without pics...as soon as I figure out how to get them from my phone to the board I will post!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Tbuford, can't help you on the antler mounting. Just wanted to congratulate you on the two bucks. Looking forward to seeing those pics. What kind of gun were you using? congrats!

Why do they call it common sense, when it's so uncommon? TN Sen. Fred Thompson

Congradulations on your buck. The antler kits sometimes available through walmart and some specialty outdoor shops are very easy to use. Main thing you need to worry about is make sure you get all hide and flesh off of the skull before mounting. The company I do all my business through has a very nice mounting kit for antlers. If you need more help, just let us know.

I think you can just cut off the little bit of hide then boil and bleach it to get it clean and white. Just a thought there is a wood working shop in the strip mall on the SW corner of OHB and Gallitan that has really nice scraps of exotic wood that you could sand and oil that would make a really nice mount using a base like the ones here http://order.matuskataxidermy.com/cat-Kits-25.aspx

Here's a thought for next time STARTER KITS

Edited by thorn

Thanks for the replies guys...I should have the pics up sometime this evening! Was using a Remmy .270 wim with Simmons scope...not the flashiest set-up but it gets the job done! I will do a little more research on the kits and see what I come up with!