Went to a Gun Show Today in Dalton Georgia

frankmako

Today my son and I went to the gun show in Dalton Georgia. The price was $8.00 each to get in. The guy at the door taking the money said, “It is a good deal for two days.†I was looking for a Thompson Contender 9mm barrel and some original rubber compact grips for an S&W j-frame. Well did not find them, but I did get to see lots of high price guns and other stuff/junk. The only guns that I saw sold were from individuals that were walking around the floor. The dealers were not moving anything as far as I could see. I did not see any good deals. One guy had the back wall full of reloading stuff. Primers were $39.00 and up. Powder at $130.00 plus and up for eight pounds. Cast lead and jacket bullets were sky high. He came up to me and said, “How you like that price on those primers?†I told him he was high. I am glad I can get my reloading equipment from the net. I can beat those prices, even with shipping and Hazmat fee. Lots of black rifles for sale at a very high price for the “Rambo†guys. Many tables of knifes and holsters were for sale. Lots of high price ammo in boxes that look old and worn. Not many people walking around inside. Guest the door fee of $8.00 is hard on people these days. When we got back in the car my son said, “Where was the beef jerky� Then it hit me; there was none to be found. Well, today I went to a gun show, did not find what I was looking for, and spend $16.00 to come home empty.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Gun shows ain't what they used to be. The last few I have went to, almost everything was either at market price or well above. The only deals are on used guns from other gun show visitors. And come to think of it, I don't think I saw any jerky at the last show I went to either.

Isn't $16.00 more than half the price of a good box of ammo? Just asking, been awhile.

yes, but i reload so i don't buy factory ammo. yes today i wasted $16.00 and the gas to drive down to dalton. next week there is a show here in chattanooga. don't think i will go. maybe someone will see a tc 9mm barrel and let me know.

Guest Straight Shooter

It NEVER ceases to amaze me what these guys that sell at gunshows think they can charge. Surely by now they realize that whatever they are selling can be had cheaper elsewhere, especially on the internet. If they would just come close, even approach those prices, Im sure they would sell much more stuff. PRICE, selection, and PRICE are the three thing most of us look for whether we are at a gunshow, gunshop, or on the web. I myself just ordered some things yesterday off the web,and even with shipping, was STILL cheaper than two area gunshops.

If it wouldnt be a political "victory" feather in the anti's/liberals cap, I could just about care less if there werent any more gunshows,unless and untill they get back like they "used" to be.

I haven't been to a "good" gun show in over 10 years.

Gone to maybe one every two years since then and walk out saying to myself why did I waste my time and entry fee AGAIN?

It is almost like the internet made them much worse instead of more competitive.

Prices are obscenely high and the dickering is a joke. There is an incredible amount of junk being sold at ridiculous prices.

Today, I do my research on the net to get a feel for a price and go to a dealer or shop to buy. Or I watch for private sales.

I won't support gunshows anymore

this was the first georgia gun show i been to in years. but i remember the same old tired high price dealers that i saw years ago. glock mags were over $25.00 each. i just got 10 thousand primers in from powder valley and they were $28.00 per thousand. that the price of primers, hazmat and shipping fee combine. you don't find that price at a gun show.