HK trigger config.

nightrunner

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to carry cocked and locked with out the decock function your looking for a varient 9(left side safety only lever) or a varient 10(right side safety only lever)

Odd numbers are left side controls, Evens are right side controls.

1+2 are loaded, w/safety and decock on the in a double action/single action configuration

3+4 are double/single as before but have no safety, only decock.

5+6 are double action only with safety, no decock

7+8 are double action only with no control lever (no safety or decock)

9+10 are double/single action with safety only , no decock

the LEM is a variation of Varients 7/8 action is the same but trigger is shorter to reset and has a reduced double action trigger pull.

Erik

Edited by 2.ooohhh
to carry cocked and locked with out the decock function your looking for a varient 9(left side safety only lever) or a varient 10(right side safety only lever)

+1. Welcome to TGO!

Variant 1:
 Double action/single action with "SAFE†position. Control lever (manual safety/decoking lever) on left side of frame.

Variant 2: 
Double action/single action with "SAFE†position. Control lever (manual safety/decocking lever) on right side of frame.

Variant 3: 
Double action/single action without "SAFE†position. Control lever (decocking lever) on left side of frame.

Variant 4: 
Double action/single action without â€SAFE†position. Control lever (decocking lever) on right side of frame.

Variant 5: 
Double action only with â€SAFE†position. Control lever (manual safety) on left side of frame.

Variant 6: 
Double action only with â€SAFE†position. Control lever (manual safety) on right side of frame.

Variant 7: 
Double action without control lever (no manual safety/decocking lever)

Variant 8: 
Double action without control lever (no manual safety/decocking lever)
SPECIAL VARIANT FOR GOVERNMENT AGENCY

Variant 9: 
Double action/single action with control lever (manual safety/no decocking function) on left side of frame.

Variant 10: 
Double action/single action with control lever (manual safety/no decocking function) on right side of frame.

Variants 1 and 2 (double action/single action, decocking and safety lever)Variants 1 (lever on left) and 2 (lever on right) allow the user to carry the pistol in a single-action mode (cocked and locked) with the manual safety engaged. This same pistol, without modification, can be carried in double-action mode, with or without the manual safety engaged, and with the benefit of a decocking lever.

Variants 3 and 4 (double action/single action, decocking lever, but no safety)Variants 3 (lever on left) and 4 (lever on right) provide the user with a frame-mounted decocking lever that does not have the "safe" position. This combination only allows the hammer to be lowered from SA position to DA position. It does not provide the "safe" position to prevent the pistol from firing when the trigger is pulled.

Variants 5 and 6 (double action only, with safety lever)For the double action only user, variants 5 (lever on left), 6 (lever on right), and of the USP operate as double action only pistols with a bobbed hammer always returning to the DA position (forward) after each shot is fired. To fire each shot, the trigger must be pulled through the smooth DA trigger pull. Variants 5 and 6 have a manual safety lever.

Variants 7 and 8 (double action only, no control lever)No control lever is provided on variant 7. Variant 8 is similar to variant 7. Variants 9 and 10 (double action/single action, safety lever, but no decocking)

Variants 9 (lever on left) and 10 (lever on right) allow the shooter to carry the pistol in a single-action mode (cocked and locked) with the manual safety engaged. This same pistol, without modification, can be carried in double-action mode (hammer down), with or without the manual safety engaged. The double action mode offers a second strike/double action capability in case of a misfire. The control lever has no decocking function on variants 9 and 10 so one would have to carefully lower the hammer manually.

LEM (Law Enforcement Modification) TriggerDeveloped especially for the U.S. government, the Law Enforcement Modification (or LEM for short), is a USP DAO (Double-Action Only) model with a unique trigger mechanism. This mechanism improves the double action trigger performance and reduces the weight of the DAO trigger pull to 7.5-8.5 pounds, utilizes a stronger hammer spring, and shortens the trigger reset.

- Aside from the LEM mechanism, it is identical to the USP Variant 7 (DAO) model.

*From Wiki

can it be changed from one variant to another?

Yes, but there is a big BUT. Depending on the varient it is now and the variant you are changing too, you can order the parts and do it yourself however, it may void the warranty. I think it is around $180 (including return shipping) to have H&K do it.

Guest italia

I'm not sure I've ever seen a V.9 - I'd go with a V.1 - you could carry it cocked and locked (SA), or you could carry it de-cocked in DA/SA (with or without safety on). A V.1 would be much easier to find. I really like the de-cocker on my DA/SA (HK P30). FYI, I have a V.3.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a V.9 - I'd go with a V.1 - you could carry it cocked and locked (SA), or you could carry it de-cocked in DA/SA (with or without safety on). A V.1 would be much easier to find. I really like the de-cocker on my DA/SA (HK P30). FYI, I have a V.3.

I have to agree with italia. I have a USP Compact and the decocker is a non issue. In fact, I think it is a must have feature since mine has the "bobbed" hammer. You could still carry cocked and locked and the decocker and safety lever are one in the same.

doesnt the safety lever drop the hammer to decock it when moved to S. therefore, how would you carry it cocked and locked if it has a decocker?

thats how the USP40 I had a while back was

Beretta 96FS was the same way

Edited by nightrunner
doesnt the safety lever drop the hammer to decock it when moved to S. therefore, how would you carry it cocked and locked if it has a decocker?

MY Compact is Decocker=Lever down then retuns to neutral, Safety= Lever up where it stays.

Guest italia

The decocker lever is a separate lever from the safety. If you look at this picture, the decocker is the flat button-like lever just below and to the left of the hammer. The safety is on the left side of the pistol marked with an 'S'. I don't think engaging or dis-engaging the safety causes a decock.

P30S-P30LS_SafetyandDecocker.jpg

The decocker lever is a separate lever from the safety. If you look at this picture, the decocker is the flat button-like lever just below and to the left of the hammer. The safety is on the left side of the pistol marked with an 'S'. I don't think engaging or dis-engaging the safety causes a decock.

the image your using is a p2000 hence the different configuration the OP specified a USP series which use the action lever for safety and decock.

I've never seen a USP that looks like that. Sure that is a USP?

Here is a link to the manual, see page 6.

http://www.hk-usa.com/-images/shared/USP_Operators_Manual_060809.pdf

on a varient 1(or2)

If you cock it and flip the lever up (S) it's cocked and locked.

If you cock it and the lever stays level (F) it's cocked and ready to fire(safety off)

If you cock it and push the lever down(further away from S) it decocks lever will return to (F) naturally after decocking. you may then place it (S) if you feel inclined to need it decocked and safe.

I have never seen a USP like you describe. You are right on though about the Beretta, it cannot be carried cocked and locked as the decocker is the safety.

maybe there was something wrong with it then. I remember it though because it was a nightstand gun and in order for it to be in SA mode, it had to be cocked and unlocked. If I cocked it manually and then moved the safety lever to S, it decocked it.

All HK pistols have different variants, btw. A Variant 1 in a USP Series gun isn't the same in P Series gun (ie.P2000/SK and P30). The HK45 goes by the USP Series trigger variants.

Heckler & Koch USP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Heckler & Koch P2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Heckler & Koch P30 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Variant 9 is what you are looking for. Turns it SAO, allowing C & L carry. No Decocker.

No Hk's I know of decock when moved to S. I shot a 92FS once, trigger felt like an arcade game(crisp, and that's a good thing), but I do not remember its manual of arms. I carry my Variant 1 HK's cocked and locked all the time. It is perfectly safe to carry them that way.