FN Five-seveN

Guest thejlb

Guest thejlb

Anybody on here have one? Live in Nashville area. I'd love to buy a box of ammo for someone and go shooting it with them.

I am in love with this gun and I'm not even sure why. Seems like a serious piece that would go great in any collection, yet seems to get ignored by most. I've only read great things about them. I have held one in a gun store and it felt good in my hand. Its just not something I can splurge on. Hoping I can put one on layaway. Really would like to shoot one first. I feel like this will be a task to accomplish.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are actually pretty good pistols, accurate as as can be, and almost no recoil. it has the recoil of a 22LR with the noise of a 40sw. I used it once for this league i used to shoot it in Ca and felt like i was cheating.

Guest pws_smokeyjones

I have seen them and although I think the are a cool pistol, I never could really decide on a realistic use for one. Not a very practical carry weapon I don't think. Might be fine for home defense, but seems like overkill. I watched an episode of Guns and Ammo TV ( I think ) last week that talked about this pistol. The main practical purpose of the design from my understanding was to have a sidearm and rifle that could share ammo.

I think both the handgun and rifle are great shooters,put a 50 rnd mag in the PS90 and have fun.My buddy found a 30 rnd mag for his handgun,my 2 are on the way.

Guest thejlb

Yeah I don't have a carry permit anyway. Just also planned on getting a ps90 one day anyway. I dunno. I like all kinds of guns. Theres not too many more handguns i want. Until I start getting more then one of the smae gun. I'd much rather have more of a variety.

Guest TwoLaneBlackTop

Can we say gimmick gun?

5.7x28mm SS195LF

28 gr

2,350 ft/s

344 ft lbf

.22 Magnum

30 gr

2,200 ft/s

322 ft lbf

Oh and I am quoting the 5.7 ballistics as fired from a P90 barrel and these numbers are a bit higher than would be seen from a 5.7 chambered pistol. Not so impressive now is it...... (The few debatable benefits the cartridge offers are negated for Civilians as we can not legally purcahse the the good AP rounds)

Guest TwoLaneBlackTop

For comparison a 9mm loaded to full +P pressures can yield the following from a 4.5" barrel

9x19mm

115 gr

1415 ft/s

511 ft lbf

I will get info on the 30 rnd handgun mag.It is not an extension it looks like an extension of the grip when it's in the gun.Not just a mag sticking out.My buddy is at the hospital with wife haveing his second son so it may be tomorrow befor I get the info.I got him a 50 rnd for his ps90 so he ordered me 2 30 rnd mags for my 5.7

Two lane I think I am shooting 40 grain in both my PS90 and 5.7 now is it not a gimmick gun. Call it what you will,I call them a blast.You know the SHTF thread,this would be THE ONE

Can we say gimmick gun?

5.7x28mm SS195LF

28 gr

2,350 ft/s

344 ft lbf

.22 Magnum

30 gr

2,200 ft/s

322 ft lbf

Oh and I am quoting the 5.7 ballistics as fired from a P90 barrel and these numbers are a bit higher than would be seen from a 5.7 chambered pistol. Not so impressive now is it...... (The few debatable benefits the cartridge offers are negated for Civilians as we can not legally purcahse the the good AP rounds)

So, since the FN 5.7 is a severely lethal and proven weapon and it's ballistics are similar to the .22 magnum. I should carry a .22 magnum as a personal defense weapon?

Don't look at those numbers to choose a gun because they OBVIOUSLY don't attest to a weapons' effectiveness. In the grand scheme of it all, the bullet is fast, it is accurate as hell, it penetrates, it tumbles on entry and the cavitation is severe.

Guest TwoLaneBlackTop
Don't look at those numbers to choose a gun because they OBVIOUSLY don't attest to a weapons' effectiveness.

Yes, some how physics do not apply to the magical world of smoke and mirrors that is ballistics. :tough: