MCTS Club Trophy Match June 19, 2010

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg,

I have looked at this request and have confirmed my thoughts with the Match Director's and we are on the same agreement. As always, we promote each individual's best interest when putting on matches with rules, match style, and stage designs. We want each person to shoot as much as possible to hone in his/her skills with a firearm.

In IDPA sanctioned matches, it is not allowed for a shooter to participate in mulitple divisions according to page 63 rule number 4. This reasoning is to eliminate the unfair advantage of a competitor getting a "second chance" on a match stage with another division in hopes of winning. The club trophy match on June 19th is not a sanctioned IDPA match however the same rules will also apply. I am sorry to say that this multiple entries would not be allowed for this event.

I know that you are a good competitor with both the CDP and ESP. My recommendations would be to use the one you feel most proficient with for the match. Do not get me wrong, MCTS would love the extra income from excluding this rule of competing multiple times because the club could use the additional revenue(donation). If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free in contacting me at any time that is convenient.

J. Michael Bresson - Vice President MCTS

VicePresident@mctsclub.com

www.mctsclub.com

In IDPA sanctioned matches, it is not allowed for a shooter to participate in mulitple divisions according to page 63 rule number 4. This reasoning is to eliminate the unfair advantage of a competitor getting a "second chance" on a match stage with another division in hopes of winning. The club trophy match on June 19th is not a sanctioned IDPA match however the same rules will also apply. I am sorry to say that this multiple entries would not be allowed for this event.

Thanks for playing by the rules. I wish more clubs did.

In addition to the match stages we will have a 50/50 side match. 3 runs on a plate rack for $5, top time in the morning splits the purse with the club. We will repeat in the afternoon with a different winner. Buy as many runs as you wish!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Did either of you send in your registration form? It was only less than a month away. If either of you want to discuss further, please call me at your convienence.

J. Michael Bresson

www.mctsclub.com

It was on my to-do-list Mike, just sucks that I, like many, have been running a pretty long and hectic list these days... had I known the match hinged on whether I sent in my registration I would have made it more of a priority.

i did not pre register suppose to work days that weekend. had not made a discision if i was going or not, but Wanda was.

i think you could still do a little trophy match as a fund raiser for flood repairs. say 5 stages for $50 with a trophy to be ordered for the winner of each class/division.

Guys we are still going to have a match, scaled back a bit, no trophies, no lunch (bring your own), 50-50 runs on steel. Still haven't set a price but it will be very reasonable.

Edited by gsbell

Kemp,

You can not come out to play, but you can work that day...LOL. Please be there on Friday as discussed earlier. I will contact you if needed on Thursday.

Everyone,

I would like to take this time to address the Trophy Match discussion. A match will still take place on this day which will utilize both sides of the Wheeler property. This will be scaled back match from our previous design plans. The match will still be challenging for all competitors. The pre-registration was placed on the website since late March or early April. This type of match is hard to account for without a core base of commitment either verbally or with the pre-registration. This feature allows us to make appropriate adjustments to what we were looking to provide for this match: pre-order food(which may go to waste if a true account number can not be achieved), number of competitors interested(there will be a little flux on this number for the walk ups), SOs needed to accommodate the competitors, onsite scoring, water, drinks, targets, plaques, etc.

We are tasked with the responsibility to further the club in all of its promotion of the sport, matches designing, and financial endeavors. We will not in good conscious allow the club to lose money on any match format. Any loss will result in other higher priority plans to fall further behind. We have limited number of Executive Committee members handling club tasks at this time. With the unknown number of solid commitment (either verbally or with the pre-registration) of competitors for the match, we have been struggling with this decision internally. We have done a lot of work with sponsor calls to help build MCTS relationship, prop building, stage designs, and range work which most of you have seen in preparation of this upcoming match.

If you still need to discuss this matter, please email or call me at your earliest convenience.

J. Michael Bresson – Vice President MCTS

www.mctsclub.com

• 4 weeks later...
Guest redbarron06
Absolutely. Please come out and ask for Michael or Greg. We welcome all shooters with open arms.

J. Michael Bresson - Vice President MCTS

www.mctsclub.com

Member of Gallatin Gun Club

www.gallatingun.com

How long do you guys normally run? I am just looking to find out with it being fathers day and all on Sunday, I will need to be on the road so have to do dad things with the family also on Saturday.