2010 TGO Football Pick'em Pool

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sgt. Joe

So was anyone smart enough to pick the UCLA upset of Texas?.......I sure as heck wasnt.:D

I sure am contemplating changing to take O State over Bosie but cant seem to pull the trigger on it.:drama::drama:

Anyway nuther bump bump

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Well after yesterdays games here is where we stand.

PoolScoreResults9-26-10.png

I only got 5 wrong over the weekend. Fingers crossed for a Bears win over the Packers on Monday Night Football!

chicago_bears.png

Edited by StreetWK05
Guest ArmyVeteran37214

BEARS WIN

Packers played pretty good, however the penalties killed them. You can't win a game with 17 penalties.

Now there's gonna be a tie in points 6th, 7th, 8th place. Until next weekend that is.

Edited by StreetWK05
Guest Sgt. Joe

Well folks my brain was in charge at the beginning of the week and of course it picked Bama in todays game, however about an hour before the game my heart took over (stupid:poop: thing) and I changed my pick to FL.:crazy: During the Gators first drive I was convinced that I had done well.....We all now know the results.:grouchy:

But I still can not for the life of me figure out coach Meyers brain????:rolleyes: Why in the world when you are going for fourth and goal with less than a yard do you even consider putting the ball in the air???.....if you run you are either going to get the TD or pin them way back, of course you could fumble but even so chances are low that the fumble would be recovered and returned for a TD, thus you would still have them pinned back.

But if you throw the ball you run the risk again of an interception being returned for a TD but more so you add the risk of a simple interception resulting in a 20 yard gain as the other team intercepts in the end zone and gets the ball on the 20:screwy: as the coach may or may not have learned today.:foot: That was hardly the only problem the FL team had but I think doing what they did really killed off a lot of momentum that lasted for the rest of the game.:poop:

I like Urban OK but his play calling baffles me at times,:stunned: as I said last year after the SEC Championship game that had he ran even ONE Tebow FAKE it would have worked very well as everyone and their brother was keyed on Tim all year long. That game would have been the perfect time to run some Timmy fakes and I believe the Gators could have easily won that game. The stupid :D

This year however Bama has almost the same team while FL has lost several key players, the Tide is going to be tough for anyone to De-Throne this year.:bow: Had the Gators scored on that first drive and not made a few of the mistakes that they did they would have had at least a decent chance. But as we know it is now in the books as a big L.:poop:

I also do not like this scheme of all the pitches they are using, these type things can only lead to problems.....If you will notice Brantley will pitch the ball as soon as he knows he will be going down without much regard for the position of whomever he is pitching to.....I really thought he was better than he is turning out to be.:stunned:

Even if I had kept Bama as my pick this week would have still been my worst for the college side all year anyway, I am 12-5 and at best would have been 13-4, still my worst.:poop: But as far as the pool it isnt a big deal as we are all so close and picking over 30 games a week, so until some of us fall way way way back any given week could totally change the standings. I am not really trying to do better than anyone in the pool, I am simply trying to do very well for myself.:)

But as far as stupid....The TN squad I think outshines our not so brilliant coach in that regard, at least this week;).....When was the last time you have seen 13 players on the field?:screwy:I am not real sure I ever have. But one thing IS for certain the Vols are getting better and better each week while my Gators just seem to be finding new and different ways to stink each week:shake:...this week it caught up with them and if they keep playing like they have been it will be catching up with them more and more.:eek:

I do realize what the final score was but damit that jump pass is still yanking at my chain:shake:.....WTF was that man thinking?:doh: But then again I have wondered that quite often since he became the coach.:)

The only good thing is that if FL can "Win-Out":rofl: they will still make the SEC championship game the problem with that is....well basically the SEC itself:D....LSU comes down next week and they are not just going to roll over and right now SC is doing pretty good and there will come a day when they have to beat FL to win the East and there will come a day when they DO.:dropjaw:

Anyway I am done rambling for now and I am sure you are all happy about that.:P But since we dont have a dedicated football talk thread it would be nice if there was more discussion in this one as it is really our default football thread.:blah:

GO GO GATORS:love:.................Where is the question, of course I can answer that about the coach...:poop:Head

OK I'll shut up now....:cheers:

You're Welcome:biglol:

Guest Glock23ForMe

Hey guys... The picks are up, make them this week, and don't forget... You have to catch me... :up:

Just a little friendly competition fellas.... :D

The NFL one's are gonna be rough.. I have a feeling I'm going to suck this week... IF I don't read some more and revise my picks. ;):):D

Top 10 for all those that care to know: (Remember... We're in week 5 of 22... We have a LONG LONG way to go... Anybody is in it, even if you havent started yet)

Top10.jpg

Guest Sgt. Joe

It has been working for me.

After last weeks last minute change to take FL I fought off the initial urge I had to take SC today....I was talking about it with my son right up until game time but did not change it back to SC which had been my first thought and pick.;):poop::poop:

Short of one heck of a finish SC is in fact going to knock Bama off, and I am thinking that no one picked them to do so....maybe someone did but I have not seen the matrix yet:poop::poop::poop:

If both FL and SC win out until the end of the conference schedule the game between them in FL would decide the East. You gotta know that the "Ole ball coach" would love nothing better than to return to the championship game.....other than that is going into the swamp in order to make it so.

Of course winning out until then is going to be tough for either. Most hard for FL, I am afraid they are going to have enough trouble not losing two in a row with LSU in the swamp tonight.

And of course all of this kicking each others butts is not going to help at all to get an SEC team back into the Nat'l championship game....:)

What a conference...

• 2 weeks later...

Glock23forme has shown repeatedly that he cannot follow the rules here on TGO, therefore I have deactivated his account on TGO pick'em game. He is no longer a TGO member so I do not think he belongs in a TGO pick'em. If you have have any further questions or concerns please PM me. Thanks and good luck for the rest of the year.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...