Knoxville Area Firing Range

Guest Grot

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coal Creek Armory has the following on their website. I shoot my 22LR and 45 Colt rifles there, in addition to shotgun slugs only (no shotshell). The other stuff is probably going to be outdoors at Norris, John Sevier, ORSA, etc.

From CCA:

"The range is pistol caliber only. Long guns in pistol calibers, such as 22wmr, .45 Colt, and .30 Carbine, may be used. Rifle calibers, such as .223, .375 H&H, and .308, are not permitted on the range. In general, bottleneck or high powered rifle cartridges are not permitted. Also S&W .460 handguns are not permitted."

HTH a little... Others on here can chime in with more details, I'm sure.

That was fast, thanks.

Im looking into getting something chambered in 7.62x54r and want to make sure i will be able to shoot it.

Either getting an Original Sniper Mosin or a Romanian PSL Dragunov. Havent decided yet.

ORSA. It's only $120 a year for membership and you can shoot pretty much anything except for .50 BMG. Benchrest range (out to 200 yards), indoor pistol, plinking range, plus a 1,000 yard range for long shooting. It's the best deal in East Tennessee (unless you own enough land to have your own range).

there is also this place

Chuck Swan Wildlife Management Area Area Map

Main Forest Rd., Maynardville, TN 37807 865-278-3248

Outdoor Pistol, Outdoor Rifle, MuzzleloadingCall

it has a pistol range, 100 yard rifle range and a couple of covered shooting benches. There is no cost to use it. I have been there one time and it was fine. It is off of Sharps Chapel road up by Norris Lake. Call the number for better directions. And did i mention it is free?

Guest SUNTZU
yeah, when are we going there? Been waiting for an invite.

Just got word that they are done building the cell tower on the hill behind the range...so its open for business now. Soon!

Guest SUNTZU
The Moose Lodge is a range off Callahan? What are the membership requirements?

Open membership. Pay an app fee for first time then yearly. Around $100 to start.