Great Customer Service from Energizer!!

Guest TN_Mike

Guest TN_Mike

I have been carrying this light for 3 years every single day.:

mlt1waaelg.jpg

When I say I have used it every day, I mean I have USED it every single day. This light has seen some hard use. It has fallen 2 stories onto hard concrete. It has banged off lots of solid objects. It has been used in water, in extreme heat, in cold, in mud and sand. It still looks pretty good, some scratches and the light end has a slight dent in it. But it worked every time I switched it on. Until today.

Today I went to use it in a dark room tracing a cable and the light came on for a split second then went right back off. It does this every time I switch it on now.

I went to try to see if I could fix it, I managed to rip the rubber cover that is on the switch, and after getting the switch out determined it is fine by checking it with a multimeter. So, it seems the regulator circuit has gone bad.

I looked up the customer service number on the Energizer website so I could call them and see if they could locate a store in my are that sells them so I can replace it because let's be honest, it's a $20 flashlight that is 3 years old and has had the snot beat out of it.

When I explained to the nice young lady on the phone what had happened she immediately tells me that she will send a shipping label to me so I can send it back to them. She says their technicians will check it out and see if they can repair it and if not, they will replace it with a brand new one! :D

Now, this is not what I was expecting at all. I told her it is 3 years old and has had a rough life and I wasn't expecting them to replace or even repair it. but she insisted that Energizer will stand behind their product and that I should send it to them. So I will.

She did tell me where I can get another, and I am thinking I may pick up one for each of the cars while I'm at it.

I wanted to pass this along to everyone because I believe in supporting a company that really knows what customer service is, and I think I have found that in Energizer. And this is a very good every day light. The specs say it puts out 45 lumens but I can tell you from comparing it to my Surefire G2 that it's more than that.

mylight.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TN_Mike

I bought mine at the Walmart in Memphis on Stage Road. But as I do not live in Tennessee right now, apparently I can find them at Advanced Auto Parts up here in Indiana.

I hope to be able to buy one at the Walmart in Memphis again soon though. I'm trying to find a job back home and move back. I need to get the heck out of this Yankee hell hole.