My latest Lever.
Marlin 1893 Chambered in 38-55 made in 1900. Started out for me as a barreled receiver with the lever, bolt, hammer and loading gate included. There was no stock, no forend, no mag tube(or components), no rear sight, not forend cap or tenon. Additionally, the listing said the hammer would not lock back.
The case color hardening was all but gone from the receiver (one small spot left on the inside of the lower tang plate) but the bluing on the 26” octagonal barrel still looks very good.
The first thing was to figure that out turned out to be a rusted trigger spring l was having trouble finding one for an 1893 I took a chance on a trigger spring from an early 1897 (precursor to the 39a). It worked and the first issue was fixed
I found the mag tube (and inner parts), rear sight, forend cap, forend tenon. Picked up a reproduction stock and forend set made of American Black Walnut.
I had to finish the inletting for the tang and forend and I had to do the final shaping and apply a hand rubbed oil finish. That took a while. I finally have it all done. The stock I found was a “carbine” style. Not an issue I thought. I like them. Unfortunately, I didn’t realize that finding a Marlin 1893 Carbine butt plate was a kin to finding hen’s teeth. I do still need one and that is why there is a recoil pad on the rifle, hiding the missing butt plate.
Here is a photo. If I can figure out the photo hosting site Kahrman suggested, I’ll put ip a bunch of photos of the process.