What Would Your Presidential Candidate Look Like?

I was reading one of the other threads about the stance of Herman Cain , and whether or not he's pro 2nd amendment or not. If he's lukewarm, is this a deal breaker for you? It appears from some of the more controversial political threads lately, our members are all over the place politically. None of us are exactly alike. Someone mentioned he didn't like any of the current Republican candidates, and didn't want to vote for Barry. So, what would this guy vote for, I wondered.

Just for giggles and mainly to vent my spleen a little because frankly none of the candidates are really sending a thrill up my leg right now, here's what I would like to see in a candidate who wants to be the next President of the United States. Bear in mind, this is not a real person that I know exists, this is sort of what I'd like in my Presidential Candidate.

I want someone who was born and raised in our country, and has lived and worked here for his entire life. I would like this person to have worked his way up, an appreciation for a hard days work, and honest wages for the work performed. Someone who went to college, but worked a blue collar job after class. After college, a business background would be good. Perhaps starting and building his own company, employing people, making a payroll and knowing how to trim the fat to make a company profitable, while at the same time taking good care of his employees.

I would like a guy who loves this country and will be proud to travel around the world to represent us, and not go poor mouthing us, and apologize for our arrogance. Anyone who has ever been around a real winner knows that real winners are arrogant, cocky and hard to be around. They are also the one you want on your side in a fight. If this candidate happened to have served our country in the military, so much the better. Give me a guy with a regular family and a dog, preferably a hunting dog. A smoking hot wife is okay, but I'd prefer this be his high school sweetheart, not the gold digger he married after he made his second million. I want a guy who is serious about dealing with the national economy, has some insight on how to get people back to work, reduce the budget deficit and who knows how to begin to turn it around before we end up like Greece.

His foreign policy is simple. Don't mess with us or our friends. If you do, we will come kick your ass and leave. We will not be there for the next 25 years. We will not rebuild your towns, villages, or help bury your dead. If you mess with us again, we come back and kick your ass harder, and leave again. Sooner or later, you and your buddies get the message. We will not be the worlds policeman. If you want to live like some third world nation under Sharia law, go for it. Just do not send your little terrorist buddies into our country to disturb us, or we will make a greasy spot where you, your family, your tent and camel used to be.

I don't want him "reaching across the aisle" to make everyone in Washington like him. I want him kicking ass and taking names. I want him there to do a job, and to be serious about our nations safety from those who would do us harm, both foreign and domestic. I want this guy to have a reverence for our Constitution, and willing to nominate good judges for the Supreme Court that will not just reflect his political party, but will maintain the spirit of our Constitution as it was written. None of this living, breathing, changing document B.S.. The Founders wrote it that way for a reason.

I want a guy who will look around and realize the Federal Government is as big as Kirstie Alley, before she went on Dancing with the Stars, too freaking big, and needs to go on a diet and lose about 1/3 of its current size. I want a guy to take steps to establish a fair tax for all of our citizens, Warren Buffet and his secretary, too. I want the candidate who will see that we put the wall up between us and Mexico. Good fences means good neighbors. All of the good folks from Homeland Security, TSA, ATF and EPA who want to keep their jobs will need to report to the Border Patrol to either ride a horse and carry a gun, or get busy with the bricks and mortar.

These are my ramblings and things that I'd like to see in a candidate. Granted, most of this is superficial, and doesn't speak to a lot of issues, and there are a lot of issues, but its a candidate that would at least get my attention.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Herman Cain is a former head of the Kansas Federal reserve( a privately owned institution i might add) and he's calling for a 25/25/25 plan eventually. Not a 9/9/9 plan like he would like you to believe.

I think majority of them are in it for one reason and one reason only, "Power" for both themselves and for their friends.

The only one that stands out would Be none other than Congressman Ron Paul.

Who is a veteran, a medical doctor and only votes on bills that support the constitution( but you know where the current gov't admin thinks of that?). While I don't agree on everything, He's the best choice IMO. At least we know he's not in some big shot's pockets.

Just google "Ron Paul".

Guest 6.8 AR
Herman Cain is a former head of the Kansas Federal reserve( a privately owned institution i might add) and he's calling for a 25/25/25 plan eventually. Not a 9/9/9 plan like he would like you to believe.

I think majority of them are in it for one reason and one reason only, "Power" for both themselves and for their friends.

The only one that stands out would Be none other than Congressman Ron Paul.

Who is a veteran, a medical doctor and only votes on bills that support the constitution( but you know where the current gov't admin thinks of that?). While I don't agree on everything, He's the best choice IMO. At least we know he's not in some big shot's pockets.

Just google "Ron Paul".

Where did this 25/25/25 come from? I haven't heard that before.

To the OP. You hit most of the targets for an ideal candidate, already. I'm not so

sure he or she even exists in the batch of available picks, but I am sure that I will

have to do that evil thing called compromise when I involve myself in the primary

process. RINO's don't get it with me, nor do any Democrats that have fielded for

decades.

To list another attribute I expect(not that it happens), a successful candidate should

be equipped with reason, logic, a love of the Constitution and an awareness of how

his actions might affect the future of this country. He or she must be able to show

the world that freedom and liberty are going to be fought to the death for.

A lot of what Ron Paul stands for fits this, but I think his son might be better suited.

[h=2]Phase 1 - 9-9-9[/h]

• Current circumstances call for bolder action.
  • The Phase 1 Enhanced Plan incorporates the features of Phase One and gets us a step closer to Phase two.
  • I call on the Super Committee to pass the Phase 1 Enhanced Plan along with their spending cut package.
  • The Phase 1 Enhanced Plan unites Flat Tax supporters with Fair tax supporters.
  • Achieves the broadest possible tax base along with the lowest possible rate of 9%.
  • It ends the Payroll Tax completely – a permanent holiday!
  • Zero capital gains tax
  • Ends the Death Tax.
  • Eliminates double taxation of dividends
  • Business Flat Tax – 9%
    • Gross income less all investments, all purchases from other businesses and all dividends paid to shareholders.
    • Empowerment Zones will offer additional deductions for payroll employed in the zone.

[*]Individual Flat Tax – 9%.

• Gross income less charitable deductions.
    • Empowerment Zones will offer additional deductions for those living and/or working in the zone.

[*]National Sales Tax – 9%.

• This gets the Fair Tax off the sidelines and into the game.

[h=2]Phase 2 – The Fair Tax[/h]

• Amidst a backdrop of the economic boom created by the Phase 1 Enhanced Plan, I will begin the process of educating the American people on the benefits of continuing the next step to the Fair Tax.
  • The Fair Tax would ultimately replace individual and corporate income taxes.
  • It would make it possible to end the IRS as we know it.
  • The Fair Tax makes our exported goods and services the most competitively internationally than any other tax system.

[h=2]Phase 1 Enhanced Plan – Summary[/h]

• Unites all tax payers so we all pay income taxes and no one pays payroll taxes
  • Provides the least incentive to evade taxes and the fewest opportunities to do so
  • Lifts a $430 billion dead-weight burden on the economy due to compliance, enforcement, collection, etc.
  • Is fair, neutral, transparent, and efficient
  • Ends nearly all deductions and special interest favors
  • Ends all payroll taxes
  • Ends the Death Tax
  • Features zero tax on capital gains and repatriated profits
  • Lowest marginal rates on production
  • Allows immediate expensing of business investments
  • Eliminates double taxation of dividends
  • Increases capital formation. Capital per worker drives productivity and wage growth
  • Capital formation will aid capital availability for small businesses
  • Features a platform to launch properly structured Empowerment Zones to revitalize our inner cities
  • We all know the Fed has tripled the money supply since 2008. They have been printing money out of thin air to finance the Obama spending machine. While true Fed reform that restores sound money may have to wait for my election, the best thing we can do now is to pursue policies that increase the DEMAND for dollars to help mitigate the risks associated with the increase in the supply.
  • Pro-growth economic policies equal a strong dollar policy

Phase2 and the enhanced plan of Phase 1 are in addition to the 9/9/9 plan. That is from my understanding of it. But i wouldn't take my word for it( and definately not his word).

First things first, we got to get someone who actually has our ( the people's) best interests in mind. Not the 1%, but the 99% of the legal U.S. population. Bring the troops home and put them on the borders to keep both the illegals out and the drugs out. The U.S. should not be the world police, they don't want us there and our troops want to come home. Know it would be hard since there is a lot of u.s. interests out in the world. But we don't need to be fighting anymore wars just as an excuse to use the weapons we have( the troops can run drills here in the states, not have to die in a foreign country just so a couple suits can have their ways).

I'm not a druggie, but if some of the less potent drugs were legallized and taxed, maybe that would cut the ammount of people behind bars( whom our tax dollars pay to house/feed and keep locked up). Maybe the ammount of deaths related to drugs would also go down. Prohibition on alcohol didn't work( it's a fact) and the drug war today is becomming a never-ending battle. Guess it is a constant cash register for the Law enforcement agencies around the country. They don't want to see it legallized cause they would lose all that money for guns, tanks, helicopters, etc...

I mainly want people to be free, free to make their own decisions and live their own lives ( as long as they don't hurt anyone else)without any involvement from the Gov't. It never was the founding fathers intentions for the Gov't to get as large as it is now. The gov't should be fearing the people( as the second amendment was not intended for hunting) not the other way around.

We've voted for the blues( democrats) voted for the reds (republicans) and yet the same old s***. If a and b are the same, and no matter how many times you vote for either side, nothing changes. Don't you think it's about time you gave "c" a chance?

Guest 6.8 AR

It may take a while for me to digest, but from what you gave on that last post, I'm for Cain.

I think there are several points that may need honing for his plan to get support, like you said

"9/9/9 is in addition to". I don't think that's the case, but it needs to be clarified.

The biggest problem, from my point of view is that damned "super committee". I think it essentially

nullifies Congress. It's something I'm not really in the mood to bicker over with anyone tonight, but

I hope he used it semantically incorrect. The term tells me Mr. Thompson and Mr. Mouch are already

ruling. I don't see any John Galts anywhere.

Thanks for the information.

I don't want to have to hold my nose while voting. I like Cain. If we get stuck with Romney, I'll vote for him,

but won't like it. At least it's still a way piece until the convention.

Guest GunTroll

I could care less about what they look like. I'm more concerned about what comes out of their brain via their mouth, and what their hand signs.

I know thats not what your question was but still.