Need Ak work done

Guest Curtis762

Guest Curtis762

I have an Arsenal SA93 Ak47 rifle. I need to get the canted front sight fixed and would like to attach a muzzle brake to it. I'm looking for a gunsmith around the Chattanooga or Knoxville area to do the work. I want it done right and professional! Any suggestions? Prefer answers to be based on first hand experience with the gunsmith and their work.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest agt.dealer

well ive been looking around knoxville and sadly coal creek armory is about the only place around here that will do alot of ak work!they have my yugo ak now for a side rail install,ill let you know how it comes out!i wish i could find the few guys i know from t.g.i!it would make ak smithing alot easier and cheaper!!

Theres a place over off of Covington Pike, I did a transfer through them and they are apparently newer shop building AR's. Talked to them a bit while filing out my paperwork and bought up the subject of getting them to look at an old Mak90 as well and for them to just look it over to make sure it was shootable and they seemed like nice guys.

Patriot Defense Arms, Pray for Peace...Prepare for Battle

Patriot Defense Arms

5148 Elmore Rd. Suite 1

Memphis, TN 38134

901-380-4499

Call them before going to the shop as they are not always in apparently.

Guest The Dude

its not a hard fix. and depends on what type of brake you want on it? you can do it yourself. drift out the two pins on the bottom of the front sight block and take a rubber mallet or small sledge to get the old one off, replace it with one that has threads, re-align it and pin it on. you can buy replacement pins.

and for the cant, sometimes a mallet whack is enough to align the canted sight.