.36 cal Uberti

Hello everyone,

I have recently picked up a .36 cal uberti black powder pistol. I have only loaded 2 balls caps and wads to make sure it shoots. I have found that a tool is made, making it easier to load the caps. This pistol uses #10 caps and all the tools I find are for #11's. Will the tool work for my application? Also is there anyone in the local Knoxville area who would carry replcement nipples or do I just order them online?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The tool will work, don't worry about changing the nipples unless they are peened up from dry firing. If you do want to change them you'll probably have to order them.

You'll enjoy the piece. Find the load it likes and it can be surprisingly accurate.

Z:_____________

My son has bured a ton of powder thru a set of 51 navy replicas he got several years ago. They are his (...and my...) favorite percussion revolver. They just look and feel right. We always ordered parts from these guys: http://www.buffaloarms.com/ . These guys are good to deal with and have everything. Take a look at their website as ya have the time.

Here is another little tip on shootin the navies: We loaded black powder, a lubed felt wad (...we made em by the thousands by buying a thousand or so wads, melting some thompsons bore butter in a 3 pound coffee can, and dropping the wads in the melted bore butter ...[...you can do this all over low heat on the stove...]. The wads will soak the bore butter up and make a great lubed wad....), then a round ball, with no lube on the ball. This loading method is quick, safe, and "non-messy". The lubed wads are just the ticket for reasonably fast reloading, and they are easy to carry in your kit.

Have fun shootin your navy.

leroy

Thanks for the info guys. Im hoping to get out to the range this weekend and play with it a little. I have read that there really is not a wrong powder charge for these but I think there has to be a limit?

The charge I used on the 2 that I shot was 20 or 22 grains. I forget what my flask is measured for.