P228 vs M11-A1

AU_88

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I too was bitten by the P228 a few months back, I ended up buying a perfect CPO with triple serial number, West Gemern. Honestly, it is the bomb. Perfect. I do know that Widners has some used german P228 now, good price but not CPO. Regarding M11-A1, it is not a P228, its a marketed P229. You can not go wrong with either, or simply buy both.

I know the M11 is not a real 228, but it is pretty nice, there are a few CPO 228s on gunbroker and one of the new 228s that were just released... I guess in my head I want a 228, but I want a really nice one, so is the M11 worth the $1k price tag or should I spend $600 on a CPO? The M11 would look nice with my 226 Navy, and I like the internals being coated and the 15 round mags, but... It's not a 228. Such a dilemma.

I know the M11 is not a real 228, but it is pretty nice, there are a few CPO 228s on gunbroker and one of the new 228s that were just released... I guess in my head I want a 228, but I want a really nice one, so is the M11 worth the $1k price tag or should I spend $600 on a CPO? The M11 would look nice with my 226 Navy, and I like the internals being coated and the 15 round mags, but... It's not a 228. Such a dilemma.

You have a great argument for both. If buying both is absolutely not possible, then I suggest Eeny, meeny, miny, moe....

I may be out of the loop on this one, but it is likely the "new" released batch of p228s isn't actually a p228. Every batch that has been released since they discontinued the p228 and moved on to the p229 has been bastard batches. Pretty much random parts lying around, and p228 slides on 229 frames, etc.

If you want a real p228, you will have to find yourself a good condition used one.