Kids and guns

Guest gcrookston

Guest gcrookston

So I married a lady and got instant Teen-agers. Pretty tough row to hoe... Micheal is now 25, 3/2 Strykers and Donna is 1st Air Cav... Neither of them had ever handled a gun before I started dating their mother. They seem to have turned out just fine...

Except for father's day, they bought me a weed eater. I would have prefered a nice single malt...

Mike, just before his 2nd deployment (June 2006)...

l_43b7b25d21a9e02897aab16e668e7cfe.jpg

Donna, just before her 2nd deployment (May 2007). She turned 18 in Afghanistan in 2004

l_362bd98422184e1333b2ebe3684b3e1e.jpg

Edited by gcrookston
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gcrookston
LMAO! Shux....That was the first thing that came to mind. It could be worse. It that's the worst thing she does, you'll be alright.

and she bought a Glock! Hell, I'd have paid for another tattoo!

and she bought a Glock! Hell, I'd have paid for another tattoo!

You tried buddy. We all warn our children about the danger of Glocks. But you know how it is, their friend gets one then there they are, alone on the range, and the friend says "Psst. Hey check this out. Just try it one time." You think, well what harm could one time do... Then BAM! You've got two 17s, a 23, and a 36!

My mama told me long ago, boy get yourself one of these!

protector_1_2007.jpg

Guest gcrookston
You tried buddy. We all warn our children about the danger of Glocks. But you know how it is, their friend gets one then there they are, alone on the range, and the friend says "Psst. Hey check this out. Just try it one time." You think, well what harm could one time do... Then BAM! You've got two 17s, a 23, and a 36!

and here I was for her, Sigs, HK's, even Colts and S&W! Oh, the horror and shame.... :shrug:

and here I was for her, Sigs, HK's, even Colts and S&W! Oh, the horror and shame.... :stunned:

:shrug: The pain you must feel! LOL Serious though, looks you raised two great kids. I have two tats myself and I remember when I showed my mom my first one (a celtic cross on my arm), she looked at it and goes " Well not what I would have gotten, but to each their own." Did I ever mention my mom is my hero? :)

Guest jfountain2
and no, we will not discuss her tattoos

Oh please, lets discuss them.. my step daughter (20 years old) said she went down to a navy recruiters and they said she could not join because she had to many tattoos (she has 7, i think) and because she had tattoos on her neck and her wrist. She also claims she can't join the air force or army for the same reasons. I think shes lying. Did your daughter have visible tattoos when she joined?

Guest gcrookston
Oh please, lets discuss them.. my step daughter (20 years old) said she went down to a navy recruiters and they said she could not join because she had to many tattoos (she has 7, i think) and because she had tattoos on her neck and her wrist. She also claims she can't join the air force or army for the same reasons. I think shes lying. Did your daughter have visible tattoos when she joined?

Donna had no Tattoo's when she joined... But, your daughter is lying. Sorry. If she wants to join so badly, she will need to cover her tattoos with appropriate clothing / makeup, then apply again. If she has "skin art" that will appear above her class A's, I recommend she have them removed. You'll note (much to my displeasure), all of Donna's are covered by a class A uniform. I try not to look, but I think she has about 20 now.

She can cover them with makeup and get in.

Edited by gcrookston
Guest sling
Donna had no Tattoo's when she joined... But, your daughter is lying. Sorry. If she wants to join so badly, she will need to cover her tattoos with appropriate clothing / makeup, then apply again. If she has "skin art" that will appear above her class A's, I recommend she have them removed. You'll note (much to my displeasure), all of Donna's are covered by a class A uniform. I try not to look, but I think she has about 20 now.

She can cover them with makeup and get in.

That is until they strip them down to their skivvies during MEPS.:D;)

Guest gcrookston
That is until they strip them down to their skivvies during MEPS.:D;)

Once they are in, they are in. As long as they aren't gangland tats and they can cover them with their Class A or by some other means, the military is glad to have them...

Guest FroggyOne2

I am very proud of them too! Please thank them for me for the service that they do! If they had a standing smilely that was joyfully clapping.. the rest of this post would be filled with them!

Drill Sergeants, Recruiters are not allowed tattoo's that show when wearing Class B's (Short sleeves)

They are getting real bad on this. None that can be seen while in uniform.

Lots of women get them at the nape of the neck. When they put there hair up per regulations they are visible. They check this at MEPS. No-Go.

But the way good job on your children. I know I'm proud of their service.;)

Guest tlondon

Alot of the tattoo thing has to do with the whole gang thing. We have gangbangers joining the mil to recieve the training and then bring it to the streets.....Thank those 2 wonderful soldiers for me and tonight I will say an extra prayer for them

Guest jfountain2

She can cover them with makeup and get in

The one's on my daughters neck go up to just under her ears so she can't cover those with clothes and the one on her wrist goes across the top of her hand, no way to cover it either. She won't get them removed. I always figured she was lying about it and I also don't think she really wanted to join. I think she just wanted to try when her friends tried. I personally have no problem with anybodys tattoos, especially since I worked my way through college as a tattoo artist.

Guest gcrookston

fountain, I feel your pain. Many a night I lay awake wondering just how difficult it might be to hide the body.... mine turned out okay in the end... best of luck with yours, really. I mean that.