IDPA Classifier - 01/05/13

We will be hosting an IDPA classifier match this weekend.

3 to 4 complete classifier setups

Upcoming MATCH: IDPA Classifier - SATURDAY January 5th, 2013
Round count: 90 pistol rounds minimum
Only IDPA members will be allowed to reshoot a stage per IDPA rules
Click Here for CoF Description
Click Here for Stage Setup Description

Edited by HOGNUT

Guys instead of burning through a hundred rounds standing in a line somewhere, come out and shoot this match. You will draw and shoot 13 times with one weak hand start. Move and shoot. And shoot from cover. Shots from 5 yds. out to 20 yds.
You are only competing against yourself and the timer. We shoot it the same every time so it is a benchmark of your progress.

You do not have to be a MCTS or IDPA member to shoot. But you do have to be an IDPA member for your scores to get uploaded and saved.

Guest rbrooks65

Congrats to Greg Cook on making SSP Master.  

It was great to see several new shooters at the classifier.  Hope you will join us for the next IDPA match on January 19th.

Rick

NVM, I looked it up on the Music City Shooters site. If I am unable to make tomorrow, when would the next classifier be? (New IDPA member)

If you really gotta have 1 sooner Gallatin gun club is having a classifier Feb.9th per there web page

• Like 1

Thanks Rickey. I didn't get out of work till 4am, so going to shoot the rest of the morning didn't seem like a good idea :-)

I will be at the Feb 9th you posted. Looking forward to getting classed so I can get to shooting some IDPA.

Thanks guys

Kip

Guest rbrooks65

CatsEye is correct...in order to shoot most sanctioned IDPA matches you must have a valid classification. In order to participate in monthly club-level matches like those at MCTS you do not need a classification.

Come join us on January 19th for our next IDPA match and have some fun!

dethspec

Just like ever one said you don't need to be classified to shoot the local club matches..Shooting a classifier is a good way to judge your progress and comparing your scores to the next one you shoot. If your wanting to shoot a sanction match your supposed to be classified and the soonest major match that's close is Manchester and they have the Southern Regional and its usually Memorial weekend and that's the last of may so you got plenty of time. By all means don't let not being classified stop you from shooting the local club matches.

Excellent info guys. I will definitely be there this coming 19th. See you guys there and thanks again for all the help and info to get started, I just thought I needed to be classed prior. I'll get out and shoot the 19th and do the classifier Feb 9 and should be good to go. I really looking forward to IDPA shooting - tired of standing and blasting the same target over and over.

Thanks again

Kip

Good to hear.  We shoot rain, snow or shine.  We pause during active lightening.  Course description is finished but want to look over again tonight before posting it on the web to make match announcements.  Let us know of anything you need.  We are always happy to help.

Guest rbrooks65

Excellent info guys. I will definitely be there this coming 19th. See you guys there and thanks again for all the help and info to get started, I just thought I needed to be classed prior. I'll get out and shoot the 19th and do the classifier Feb 9 and should be good to go. I really looking forward to IDPA shooting - tired of standing and blasting the same target over and over.

Thanks again

Kip

We look forward to meeting you on the 19th.  If you know of anyone else who would like to give IDPA a try feel free to bring them along.  We try our best to put on a great match, and to help new IDPA shooters feel welcome.

I'll probably be the guy who does the new shooter orientation that day, so please be sure to introduce yourself.  If you have any questions between now and then just send me a message.

Rick

Hello Mr. Kip :woohoo: !!! Hope all is well. Looking forward to meeting you, too sir, on the 19th... I am pretty sure that you are gonna have so much fun blasting away through stages. It will be an awesome learning experience..

See you soon :cool: and have a good one...