XD-45 scoring

Guest mjwehrman

Guest mjwehrman

I have an XD-45 Service with about 1500 rds. through it and it has developed some scoring along the rifling grooves. They travel the whole length of the barrel. No matter how much I clean it I can't seem to get rid of it. I took it to a gunsmith in Florida about a year ago and they told me not to worry about. Which isn't very reassuring. I'm just wondering if any other XD owners have seen this. Is it normal or do I have a problem. Seems to me it could affect my accuracy. :)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of ammo do you shoot?

Have you given it a thorough cleaning with a quality copper removing bore solvent?

I've had several XDs, and their bores always cleaned up like mirrors even after many thousands of rounds.

Guest mjwehrman

So many different types of ammo I can't remember anymore. I know some cheap stuff has made it down the tube though. I haven't tried anything specifically for copper removal. Do you have something you can suggest? It doesn't appear to be a copper residue but I could be wrong.

Guest sling

Butch's Bore Shine is king in this department. :)

You might want to wear some gloves with it though as its pretty much straight jet fuel.

And a well ventilated area...

Edited by sling

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.