Not able to see videos

Is anyone else having an issue seeing videos that have been posted to threads?

This problem started a couple days ago, and is happening on my Android phones and tablets. I've gone through and thoroughly cleaned cache, files, etc., but nothing has helped. I can go to Youtube and watch videos without issue. Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lester Weevils

I haven't signed on to TGO from android the last few days, but maybe it is the fault of google and its subsidiary youtube.

If somebody copies a link when signed on from android, in youtube, and posts the link, it is an m.youtube.com url that routinely don't work on desktop puters. And sometimes links posted from desktop puters, without the "m.", malfunction on android when embedded. Sometimes it depends on how the youtube video was encoded, after google followed apple's lead and removed support for flash media. I've lately been using, on android, chrome browser, which will sometimes automatically launch the youtube app to display youtube content, but sometimes embedded youtube content just gets the message, "can't play flash content" or whatever.

And I find the youtube android app real flakey and buggy, to be an application written by a multi-billion dollar corporation to support a multi-billion dollar wholly owned subsidiary. At least on my two motorola devices, which I believe are also at least partially owned by google and ought not have such serious bugs at least within the same "corporate umbrella".

But it won't drive me to iPhone. Am more soured on apple than google.

Guest Lester Weevils

Everything is working as it should here in apple land.    I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary lately.  

I've mostly been using safari on a mac pro lately (no troubles), but haven't had troubles on winders either.

I just tested my slightly old 32gb ipod touch browsing, which admittedly is a slow device and I haven't updated the software recently. It is pulling-teeth painfully slow to web-browse on it compared to my two motorola android devices, on the same wifi hub, but the ipod touch is an older device and it isn't a fair performance comparison. I steered to a website (blaze.com) containing embedded flash content, and the ipod just displayed the flash content as pictures and didn't offer to play them, as best I could figure out.

Edited by Lester Weevils