Malkoff Drop-In LED

WOW!

Just upgraded my old M951 Surefire weapon light with the M61 Malkoff Drop-In LED.

The 260 lumen Malkoff ready has a great throw with a very nice side spill.

I do think that the solid brass heatsink might make it a bit heavy for anything handheld....., but for a weapon light mounted on a longarm its a MegaForce BadAss Upgrade!  :tough:

Got mine from http://brightflashlights.com/ for $52.50 shipped.  Ordered on Friday and had it Monday.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks real nice DMark might have to look at one of those.

dont_tread_on_me   I ordered 2 from them several years ago.  They were the one of their LED versions.  They are bright with great carry.  It was way to much for my uses around the house and would blind the crap out of you reflecting off the walls and floor.  One of them I gave to a buddy that is a sound engineer for some tour group and needed a light that would reach from front of house to the stage in big arenas and stadiums for signaling.  Works great for him.  After the Surefire with the TNVC conversion went missing I gave him the other since I wasn't using it.

Hope this helps.

..... I ordered 2 from them several years ago.  They were the one of their LED versions.  They are bright with great carry.  It was way to much for my uses around the house and would blind the crap out of you reflecting off the walls and floor.....

Reflection indoors was also a concern of mine, but it appears that the newer Malkoffs with the re-designed orange peel reflector really soften the light.  Also, when so many weapon lights seem to have a harsh center beam that causes you to have tunnel vision, the Malkoff center focus is larger without the sharp edge. 

Guest dont_tread_on_me

That looks real nice DMark might have to look at one of those.

dont_tread_on_me I ordered 2 from them several years ago. They were the one of their LED versions. They are bright with great carry. It was way to much for my uses around the house and would blind the crap out of you reflecting off the walls and floor. One of them I gave to a buddy that is a sound engineer for some tour group and needed a light that would reach from front of house to the stage in big arenas and stadiums for signaling. Works great for him. After the Surefire with the TNVC conversion went missing I gave him the other since I wasn't using it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. After upgrading to a Fury on the rifle and x300u on the pistol I don't really think 200 lumens is all that bright. I've got two more G2 incans to upgrade so ill probably get one TNVC head and have a shoot out between it and the Malkoff I have. It won't be exactly fair as the Malkoff I have isn't available anymore but it should give some idea. Edited by dont_tread_on_me

Agree.

200-300 lumens seems to be the sweet spot to me. 

Anything more than that...., well JMHO but it most likely better suited for something that is belt-fed.  :dirty:

You bring the belt-fed and I will bring the flashlight, heck I will bring all my flashlights.