So, where does one look for AK's and SKS's in Memphis?

G27

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest superslacker

Sometimes guns and ammo on Summer Ave. has an AK or two, but they're always over priced. I think that's the only place I've seen them. I don't recall ever seeing an SKS anywhere around here. You could call sportsmans warehouse on winchester as well. Their inventory surprises me sometimes, and they usually have some of the best prices. I would check out Brighton Arms up north of Millington too. It's worth the trip up there. They're probably your best bet.

Guest Revelator

Don't want to try the gun shows, huh? I don't balme you. Classic Arms, Guns & Ammo, and Brighton Arms way up past Millington all have AKs. I don't think I've ever seen an SKS at any of them, though. The last time I was at Brighton, back in April, they actually had a--gasp!--Saiga 308. I should have bought it. It's probably gone by now. There's a pawn shop called American Loan Co. that sells guns. The last time I was in there, a few weeks ago, they had like three AKs and three SKSs. (No, none of the AKs were gold plated. But you know I would have gotten one if it was.)They're downtown. I think they have a S. Memphis location too but I've never been there. Classic and G&A would probably order something for you if they don't have it in stock.

Don't want to try the gun shows, huh? I don't balme you.

We'll see, but from everything I hear it's hard to find much of anything other than beef jerky and camo t-shirts at the gun shows any more.

Classic Arms, Guns & Ammo, and Brighton Arms way up past Millington all have AKs. I don't think I've ever seen an SKS at any of them, though.

Yah, I called Classic and am going to go talk to Chance this afternoon.

The last time I was at Brighton, back in April, they actually had a--gasp!--Saiga 308. I should have bought it. It's probably gone by now.

FWIW, I talked to Sean @ Brighton about 3 weeks ago and he still had two Saiga's in .308. Pretty tempting.

There's a pawn shop called American Loan Co. that sells guns. The last time I was in there, a few weeks ago, they had like three AKs and three SKSs.

Never had any desire to go to a pawn shop, but it might be worth a look.

If I can get a rack grade SKS for a decent price, I'll probably grab it, seems like it would be a fun project to get cleaned up and working nicely.

Saiga's are always spoken of highly, might need to head up to Brighton and grab one of those 7.62X51's as well...