Any word on gun legislation?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HB 2184 by *Niceley. SB 2143 by *Burchett, *Crowe.)

Handgun Permits - Allows any resident, who has a valid handgun carry permit, to possess his or her handgun while within the boundaries of any state park. - Amends TCA Title 39, Chapter 17, Part 13 and Title 70.

Actions Taken on HB2184

Action Date

Actions Taken on SB2143

Action Date

Placed on s/c cal Criminal Practice and Procedure of JUD for 04/18/20074/11/2007P2C, ref. to S. Jud Comm.2/22/2007

Firearms and Ammunition - Removes authorization to restrict firearm and ammunition sales during state's emergency and disaster situations. - Amends TCA Section 58-2-107.

Summary for HB 1285 / SB 1597

Actions Taken on HB1285

Action Date

Actions Taken on SB1597

Action Date

Placed on cal. Judiciary Committee for 04/18/20074/11/2007Passed S. as am., Ayes 32, Nays 03/28/2007Rec. for pass. if am. by s/c ref. to Judiciary Committee4/11/2007Am. withdrawn.(Amendment 1 - SA0097)3/28/2007

These two seem to still be alive right now. SB1597 passed the Senate.

HB 1143 by *Buck. SB 1885 by *Jackson.)

Firearms and Ammunition - Authorizes person with handgun carry permit to possess handgun within the confines of a restaurant licensed to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises provided such person is not consuming alcohol while in the restaurant. - Amends TCA Title 39, Chapter 17, Part 13.

Actions Taken on HB1143

Action Date

Actions Taken on SB1885

Action Date

Assigned to s/c Criminal Practice and Procedure of JUD2/21/2007P2C, ref. to S. Jud Comm.2/12/2007

Don't know what the deal on this one is. Nafieh killed one just like it a few years ago in his a$$ kissing sub committee before allowing a floor vote. He called it, and got the local media to call it, "The Guns In Bars Bill" just to scare niave people into believing it was something it was not.

HB0067

by *Turner M. SB0153 by *Jackson, *Kilby, *Ketron, *Crowe.)

Firearms and Ammunition - Prohibits employers and nongovernmental entities from prohibiting persons possessing a handgun carry permit from transporting and storing a firearm out of sight in a locked vehicle on any property set aside for vehicles. - Amends TCA Title 39, Chapter 17, Part 13.

Actions Taken on HB0067

Action Date

Actions Taken on SB0153

Action Date

Taken Off Notice For Cal. in s/c Criminal Practice and Procedure of JUD of Judiciary Committee 2/28/2007Taken Off Notice For Cal. in: S. Jud Comm.2/20/2007

Don't know if that means it's dead.

HB0132 by *Bell, *Overbey, *Williams, *Gresham, *Matheny, *Hawk. SB0053 by *Finney R., *Crowe.)

Game and Fish Laws - Authorizes persons with handgun carry permits to possess firearms in all public hunting areas, refuges, wildlife management areas, and national forests managed by the state. - Amends TCA Title 70.

Actions Taken on HB0132

Action Date

Actions Taken on SB0053

Action Date

Placed on cal. Judiciary Committee for 04/18/20074/11/2007Rec. for pass. w/ am., ref. to S. Cal. Comm. Ayes 8, Nays 0 PNV 04/11/2007

Looks like it passed the Senate today.

K191145...I like your tagline!!!

*sigh* I guess we'll just have to keep the pressure up on our legislators to keep these bills alive...

I urge everyone who agrees with these bills to email their respective legislators to remind them that we WANT these bills to go through!

my my 2 cents.

Ok folks, its mid-April. This is the time actual work starts to get done on Capitol Hill. Legislators are getting antsy, eager to go home and tend the farm, run the business, raise money for the next election, etc. As a result legislation is going to start moving, and moving fast. They want to be done by mid-May (aint gonna happen, figure end of May at best) and the big boy of all legislation will soon start to move -the budget.

There are basicially two things the legislature is required by the TN Constitution to do: To meet and to pass a budget. The rest soon becomes less important.

This year, there are two big issues -the budget and the companion bill regarding the cigarette tax increase for education. (The current side show is how ineptly the house/administration -depending on who you ask- is running the tax bill. The House Ag Committee cant even decide what they passed.)

So, if you want the bills listed below to pass -you gotta keep the heat on your local legislators. Call and email! Leave messages! If your local person says "I cant help you -I'm not on the committee that hears that bill", then do two things:

1) Grumble to yourself about how your rep is too lazy to walk down the hall to his drinking buddy who serves on that committee and say "hey, people in my district want x!"

2) Ask who serves on that committee and call them. (Also, call your state Senator and do the same, more likely they serve on the committee in question as there are far fewer Senators.)

My State Rep knows how I feel on all these issues, does yours?