Survival Foods and store recommendations

I hope that you all find this helpful. I have found that there are various prices and quality of foods out there in the world. I have purchased from many websites and stores,  and I would like to share the trust worthy ones that I have used. I hope that you all will share your trustworthy sites too.

This company is having a bucket sale - normally I do not buy anything unless I see that it is discounted 20% or more. Unless of course if I need it now.

I have seen this website have sales up to 50% off on certain things. I signed up and get their daily or weekly emails announcing their sales. They also send helpful "how to" tips.

http://www.thereadystore.com/on-sale/weekly-promotion/

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of the helpful posts from the ready store

Plastic bags can become a great multi-use item because they are so cheap and plentiful -  Instead of just throwing them away, use them again and again for gardening, to make rope, make clothing and more -

Clean off Car Mirrors
If it snows, you’re going to have to clean off your windows. However, sometimes it’s hard to get your scraper on the small mirrors of your car. If you know it’s going to snow, tie a bag around the mirror and remove them in the morning. No ice to scrape off!

Fuse Plastic Together
If you fuse plastic bags together they become more sturdy and durable. You can then use the plastic sheets as you would a cloth and make bags, clothes, etc

Keep Steel Wool from Rusting
Next time you have to use steel wool in water, throw it in a plastic bag after you’re done. This should keep it from rusting too much.

Keep feet dry

You can use the plastic bags as shoe covers in the event of rain

Treat Chapped Hands
Rub a thick layer of petroleum jelly on your hands and wrap them in a plastic bag. Your body will heat up the petroleum jelly just enough to soak in and relieve any cracks and dry spots. You’ll have supple hands in about 15 minutes. Not that we want soft supple hands, but the ladies do

Line Cracked Vases
Thinking of throwing out that prized vase because it has a crack from top to bottom? Don’t do it! Simply line the vase with the plastic bag before you fill it with water. Then you’re free to add flowers in the top and not worry about cleaning up a mess. I dont have any vases, but someone does.