Help finding a fishing spot near clarksville

So my Birthday falls on fathers day this year so for it were doing another family fishing trip.  I'm trying to find a decent spot to do some bank fishing not to far from Clarksville.  Willing to drive around an hour or so.    My biggest concern is access and a clear enough area nearby that i can put the pack and play for the 8 month old.  Thinking about maybe the cross creeks area but haven't been there before.  I don't want to get stuck going all that way and have to take all day to find a place that gives me enough level ground to set up for the family.   

The ype of fish in the area doesnt necessarily matter as long as theres fish there.  But im partial to catfish and good bluegill fishing.    Love me some bluegill

Steamplant's out just due to space limitations.  

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going Fishing!

There are some good areas right behind the Visitors Center at Cross Creeks. Some decent Channel Cats are being caught there.

I'm heading to Kentucky Lake...big water cat fishing. Anyting under 20 pounds "need not apply"!

Happy fishing!

Dave S

Edited by DaveS

back when i used to fish i would drive to various spots on LBL.  I would start off at Gatlin's point and move around when it got crowded towards secret spots near ginger bay (if its open again).  I'm a bass fishermen and from the bank i would use either crank baits or artificial salty worms.

http://www.lbl.org/pdf/09_LBL_Recreation_Map_South.pdf

Also don't forget about the big fishing pond at the marina. its open dawn till dusk and is one of the nicest fishing areas in clarksville especially for children.  you can also try dunbar cave lake, but i haven't caught anything but turtles there.

for children only there is a fishing pond if you take Lafayette straight until you go past the 4 way stop (or is it a light now) and as you cross the bridge the fishing stream will be on the left. plus the kids can feed the ducks.  don't ask me what license (if any) your kids need to fish there since it's technically owned by fort campbell (but you don't technically go on base)...

Edited by alwaysonjohn

back when i used to fish i would drive to various spots on LBL.  I would start off at Gatlin's point and move around when it got crowded towards secret spots near ginger bay (if its open again).  I'm a bass fishermen and from the bank i would use either crank baits or artificial salty worms.

http://www.lbl.org/pdf/09_LBL_Recreation_Map_South.pdf

Also don't forget about the big fishing pond at the marina. its open dawn till dusk and is one of the nicest fishing areas in clarksville especially for children.  you can also try dunbar cave lake, but i haven't caught anything but turtles there.

for children only there is a fishing pond if you take Lafayette straight until you go past the 4 way stop (or is it a light now) and as you cross the bridge the fishing stream will be on the left. plus the kids can feed the ducks.  don't ask me what license (if any) your kids need to fish there since it's technically owned by fort campbell (but you don't technically go on base)...

Area assignments and fishing permits are required for Ft. Campbell. Just a heads up, TWRA fishing lakes are much more productive and way cheaper that Ft. Campbell!!

DS

There used to be some really good little beaver ponds on Campbell that had some great fishing.  Unfortunately most of them have dried up over the last several years

You are very right, and the ones that haven't dried up are hard to get to because of training. 

DS

Also don't forget about the big fishing pond at the marina. its open dawn till dusk and is one of the nicest fishing areas in clarksville especially for children.

I never see anyone pull anything out of there. Have folks been having luck at all?