Opinions on the XDS

djerdl

I own a XD40, love my Springfield.
Rented a XDS45 at Nashville Armory.
I will never own one.
The web between my index finger and thumb was 'raw' after about 30 rounds.
Not a gun I would want to put 200 down range with.
People that say a 40 is 'too snappy' for them...have never shot a XDS45.
My 40 is a lamb next to the XDS45 on recoil.

That said, I would like to try the XDS9, or a Shield.
The XD40 is a load to carry.

Interesting.....I don't find the recoil bad at all.  It feels about the same as a G26 to me.   My last range sesson was 100 rounds and my hand was none worse for wear.      

I had one of these, it was a nice little gun but the stock grips would wear my hand out after a few mags. I put a talon rubber grip and it was much less like holding on to a waffle iron while a mule kicked it.  That said I liked my Micro Compact better and the person I sold that to is getting a XDs.  I'd like to shoot one in 9mm.   

Edited by red dirt

To each his own.

I have bought and sold the Shield in 9mm. It was very nice, but not for me. I have bought and sold both the XD-S in 9mm and 45. The 45 is a GREAT .45 concealed carry package. Loved it, but 45 was not for me. In 9mm, I still prefer my Glock 26. Find what you like. I seem to always come back to my baby Glock.  If I need anything smaller, then I just throw an LCP in my pocket.

With all that said, the XD-S model is a good shooter and conceals well. I tried to like it more than my Glock, but just couldn't. Safe shooting!

• 4 weeks later...
There is a safety recall out on the XDs.

You can read about it on the Springfield website.
Mine has to go back, thought I waited long enough for the debugging....

I only have fifty rounds through mine. Two different ball, Remington and WWB and two different weight Remington JHP.
All ran fine. I'm going to put a Hogue Handall on it and shoot it some more.

I shoot my XDM 3.5 .45 better. It's one of my favorites. Edited by DAdams
As mentioned before Never had any trouble w my xds 45. Have about 1100 corrected through it no problems. Always felt like having a mini turbocharged sledgehammer on my side or back pocket Am bummed about the recall, but at least they're honest enough to fix it before anyone gets hurt. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling. Edited by Dustbuster