IDPA Bug Match on Sept. 28th at Green River Gun Club, Bowling Green KY.

Green River Gun Club of Bowling Green KY. will be hosting an IDPA BUG match on Saturday September 28th.

The "BUG" matches are primarily for two purposes . . . to get experience with our Back Up Guns (BUG), and to introduce new shooters or CCW holders to shooting.  

In terms of equipment and rules, a BUG match is about as easy as it gets.  

You need a .32 caliber or larger Pistol or Revolver.  

You only load 5 rounds per stage.  (So you don't need extra magazines or speed loaders.)  

You start from "Low Ready".  (So you don't even need a holster, or to practice drawing from one.)  

You only need 75 rounds.   (You'll probably need less than 50, but bring a few extra just in case a stage prop malfunctions and you need to reshoot a stage.)

The targets are usually MUCH closer than the normal IDPA match.   

If you've never shot anything like an IDPA or USPSA type match before . . . this is your best choice for an entry point.  

You don't "have" to bring a small BackUp Gun, you "can" bring your .45 1911, or whatever . . . but even with that, you'll still only be loading to 5 rounds.  So you, and everyone else, will be "on par" with each other.

Stop by and try it.  Its usually well attended.  With shooters of ALL levels.  Come see what its all about.

Setup will begin at 8am. Match will start at 9:30am. We will be shooting in squads. 
Cost will be $15.

For more information go to GRGC's website:

http://www.bggrgc.com/index.html

or contact the Match Director . . .

Dan Stuart (270) 320-1191 moosedan1@att.net

Also, don't forget that we will be holding our annual NIGHT MATCH on Saturday,October 26th.

For the first time, we will be allowing the use of laser sights (must have a holster that accomadates it). More details coming soon.

Folks....., John is right.

This is a Great Match for anyone thinking about getting into the competitive shooting sports. 

Its also a very good match to shoot your Every Day Carry firearm.  You know the one, its the handgun you won't consider for competition because its too small & light - - - Yet you plan on defending your life with it!  Here is a match that will let you test your skills using that EDC while on the timer. 

Hats off to the Green River crew, your bug matches are fun and interesting for everyone. Its good to get out of your comfort zone and
shoot what you carry or if you want to try out a different gun you don't normally shoot in completion. Dan as for having another tactical rifle match before the end of the year like we discussed, I for one would like to see that happen if possible.

Another succesful BUG match at GRGC! Great weather, great people and a great turn-out with 42 shooters ( at least 15 new shooters).

Thanks to all for your help. Helping So'ing, score keeping, pasting and resetting, setting up and tearing down make these matches possible. Could'nt do it without your participation.

If you haven't recieved the scores via email, they have been uploaded to the GRGC website (under "Match Results/ IDPA").

October 26'th will be our annual Night Match. If you have never shot a match at night, this is a must!

We are allowing laser sights for the first time, but as with mounted lights, you must have a holster that will accommodate it.

November 23'rd will be our last match of the year. Some of you have expressed your desire to make it a "Tactical Rifle Match".  I will pass that along to our Match Director (Dan S.). Stay tuned.

Hats off to the Green River crew, your bug matches are fun and interesting for everyone. Its good to get out of your comfort zone and
shoot what you carry or if you want to try out a different gun you don't normally shoot in completion. Dan as for having another tactical rifle match before the end of the year like we discussed, I for one would like to see that happen if possible.

That makes 3 of us! We NEED another rifle match, please! I would be happy to help if need be.

Yup, great match. 

I found out that my EDC didn't like either PMC Bronze ammo and/or three of my range mags.  Got to do a couple of malfunction drills.  Who said IDPA isn't training.   

John, recommend to Dan that 23 Nov could be a good opportunity for a 2-Gun (Rifle & Pistol). 

That way GRGC could finish out the year with a real Bang!  

• Like 1

Yup, great match. 

I found out that my EDC didn't like either PMC Bronze ammo and/or three of my range mags.  Got to do a couple of malfunction drills.  Who said IDPA isn't training.   

John, recommend to Dan that 23 Nov could be a good opportunity for a 2-Gun (Rifle & Pistol). 

That way GRGC could finish out the year with a real Bang!  

Already done. I think it's going to happen, but it is still under discussion. Get the M14 ready!

Allowing carbines for the October night match is on the agenda too.

• Like 1

The Green River Gun Club meeting took place Thursday, Oct. 3. The last 2 IDPA matches of the year were on the agenda. Here is the result:

1.) Night Match on Saturday night Oct. 26.

Laser sights and carbines ( any caliber under .50 ) will be allowed for the first time. Handguns must have a holster to accomodate it. $15 per gun.

All proceeds will go to the Marine Corps Toys for Tots program!

2.) The last match of the year, November 23'rd , by popular demand, will be a Tactical Rifle Match.

John,

So we can "Double-Our-Pleasure" and shoot two guns (pistol & carbine) per stage during the 26 Oct night match?

Mark

Yes you can! $15 per gun.

Sorry, but no tracers (that would be so fun!).

I need to fix the red dot on the Garand!

Yes you can! $15 per gun.  :woohoo:

Sorry, but no tracers (that would be so fun!).  :cry:

I need to fix the red dot on the Garand!  :up:  

Hmmmm, Maybe the Wilson County Boys should shoot the last tactical rifle match with.......

"The greatest battle implement ever devised." - Patton