Coal Creek Armory Knoxville

Guest Jason F.

Guest Jason F.

I was traveling out of town this last weekend had had a chance to meet some folks and head to Coal Creek Armory off of Lovell Road in Knoxville. I was impressed with the facility. Good lanes with very good ventilation, lights at preset distances with a user controlled switch for each lane, tape supplied at each lane to get your target mounted well (no blowing around or messing with half broken clips), and a friendly staff. Most important they run a very safe range with not only some written instruction and sign off but a verbal walk through of range rules and features with all new visitors.

Since I was traveling on a motorcycle and traveling through several states I did not carry any arms with me so I used a couple range guns which they provide at a very low cost. They charge $10 per caliber so for $10 you can try any of the options they have in that caliber or $5 for the second caliber. I shot a XD 9mm and a CZ 75 9mm. I enjoyed both and both range rental guns shot great. They were well maintained and clean. The CZ was dead nuts consistent. Once I could settle my grip and breathing down I could just about put 5 in a row through the same hole with it.

So a big thumbs up for Coal Creek Armory. If you get a chance to shot some time you are in West Knoxville give it a try.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Guest macho999

If this is the place I'm thinking of, looks kind of like a house, the guy who owns it posts or did post on ar-15.com. I can't think of what it used to be called but the old owner allegedly said he wasn't carrying 30 round ar-15 mags after the awb expired because he couldn't mark them up 200%.

Anyway the guy who bought it posted over there that was not his philosophy and he'd rather go broke than have more gun laws or something similar, it's been a couple of years. Seemed like a good guy. I need to check this place out.

Guest Jason F.

Did not really look like a house to me. in an industrial/commercial area just across from a sports training facility. Big Greyish building on the left side of the road.

Guest CrazyLincoln

I was a member there for about a year. The range is nice, and their rental selection is pretty extensive. The staff was nice. I have heard some mixed comments from other people, which I cannot comment on, but my expericence was pleasant.