LBL Tennessee side for deer

is the hunting there any good?  Does it matter what time of day or can all three times of the day be fruitfull for hunting deer, and is it all considered Tennessee land to  hunt or does it fall under federal land use and need a different license to hunt thanks, I have not seen much where i am hunting in Sango/clarksville area and would like to try a different area before the season ends.  Thank in advance.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've coyote hunted lbl some and never seen a shortage of deer. I suspect the hunting pressure could cause it to be a little more difficult to hunt this late in the season. It is federal land so you will need an lbl permit plus your regular big game hunting license.

Was there today for quota hunt. All sorts of signs of deer, but according to the ranger if I recall there were around 34 or so deer checked in yesterday. I hunted area 13.

Granted it was windy and hot today, which may have led to me and the two others with me not seeing deer at all.

I coyote hunt there every year in February and see deer then. They must know when its safe and not safe!

Also, area 15 had the most deer taken from the Tn side over the weekend. Good luck!

Bow hunting is open during archery season and gun hunting is restricted to quota hunting only. A hunting permit ($25) is required for all hunters 16 and over. Your Tennessee License is good for the TN portion only. Centerfire hunting for Coyote opens in February. I hope this helps you.

Dave

is the hunting there any good?  Does it matter what time of day or can all three times of the day be fruitfull for hunting deer, and is it all considered Tennessee land to  hunt or does it fall under federal land use and need a different license to hunt thanks, I have not seen much where i am hunting in Sango/clarksville area and would like to try a different area before the season ends.  Thank in advance.

Ron, deer hunting on LBL is by quota drawing only, that must be applied for in July I think. There is no open gun hunting for deer on LBL lands.

We have a couple WMA's here that were pretty good. Haynes Bottoms and Barkley WMA Unit I. Check the regs for open dates. Daily hunting for deer is only open on certain days due to duck season. If hunting a WMA for deer, a type 94 permit is required.

Dave

Thanks Dave, all info is greatfull.  I am loosing some drive to get out not seen much around here, I am sure the weather has something to do with it, and as usual I'll go and not see anything then later in the day will get a report of several being seen :(

Thanks Dave, all info is greatfull.  I am loosing some drive to get out not seen much around here, I am sure the weather has something to do with it, and as usual I'll go and not see anything then later in the day will get a report of several being seen :(

I know the feeling Ron.

Dave

I was sent a news paper article that lbl has opened additional zones to archery for the rest of the year, so I might just go ahead a pop for the additional 25 for the fed lic and hunt that area a few times throughout the remainder of the year.  I am not aware of what it takes to hunt Ft Campbell.

I was sent a news paper article that lbl has opened additional zones to archery for the rest of the year, so I might just go ahead a pop for the additional 25 for the fed lic and hunt that area a few times throughout the remainder of the year.  I am not aware of what it takes to hunt Ft Campbell.

Ron, Fort Campbell requires a Post Hunting permit that cost between 40 and 80 dollars depending on your status. Hunting is by computer drawing only and you must stay in your assigned area. Fort Campbell has a "earn a buck" program this year in which you MUST harvest a doe first before you can take a buck. It wasn't worth it to me last year as I put in for about a half dozen drawings and got drawn twice. Your mileage may vary.

Dave

Dave if you pull up the cadizrecord sports section or a recent press release from landbetweenthelakes.us to can see the article I was refereing to where they have opened up additional areas for archery hunting between now and the 4th for the cost of the additional license fee, I was hopeing myself that I could do it but my ssdi wont stretch far enough this month unless i can get my son to pay for it.  But look up the article or call 270 924 2065 for more info about it. if i can swing the cash I know Iknow it is only 25.00 more maybe we can get together and go get us some.

Dave if you pull up the cadizrecord sports section or a recent press release from landbetweenthelakes.us to can see the article I was refereing to where they have opened up additional areas for archery hunting between now and the 4th for the cost of the additional license fee, I was hopeing myself that I could do it but my ssdi wont stretch far enough this month unless i can get my son to pay for it.  But look up the article or call 270 924 2065 for more info about it. if i can swing the cash I know Iknow it is only 25.00 more maybe we can get together and go get us some.

Yes, bow hunting is open. Gun hunting is not, and bow hunting is not permitted during the quota hunts. Get in on some bow hunts if you can. My experience of hunting LBL for all the years that I have, is that after the quota hunts, you'll do better getting a deer there by driving up and down the roads until you hit one. But, get in the woods and give it a shot! There are some big ones there! I have a couple of places to go, but I haven't been because, wind, rain, and I don't like hunting by myself. I'm disabled now, and I have a hard time at times.

Dave

I understand the feelings of not wanting to hunt alone, as well as the disabled part all though not know your issues, I too suffer from my disabilities that stop me from doing things that used to be everyday things in the past, I hope to get out there but am thinking that my season is closing in real fast.  I'll need to be traveling down to Nashville to VA for a few things and a shortage of cash will probably keep here where I have been going out to.  One of these days maybe we can get together and figure out a schedule where we can hunt together.

I understand the feelings of not wanting to hunt alone, as well as the disabled part all though not know your issues, I too suffer from my disabilities that stop me from doing things that used to be everyday things in the past, I hope to get out there but am thinking that my season is closing in real fast.  I'll need to be traveling down to Nashville to VA for a few things and a shortage of cash will probably keep here where I have been going out to.  One of these days maybe we can get together and figure out a schedule where we can hunt together.

Ron, If you have  your Type 94 WMA big game, give me a call sometime and we'll go. Two old broke down dudes can't do too much damage to the local deer herd. 931-551-0331

Dave

Ron,
Great meeting you today and i enjoyed chatting. If I get any free time, I'd be glad to show you any of the spots I pointed out on the map. Just not sure how much time I'll have, but will try to work a day where I'm up your way with some time to spare.

Good deal, I put a call in to Dave today but did not hear back from him, I will try him again tomorrow to see when we can set up a time to get together to set up a time to head out to LBL to see if we cant diminish the herd some.

Ron; My Mother passed away Sunday and I'm quite busy. I'll try to return your call today. I have been very busy and for the most part I haven't even taken time to eat, not like I felt like anyways. Will give you a call soon. I'm sorry I haven't called you back yet.

Dave