And thus it starts... gotta love the equality!

Guest Verbal Kint

Guest Verbal Kint

News Link : CNN

Two arrested after Obama effigy found on campus

art.fischer.bush.fcdc.jpg

Joe Fischer, left, and Hunter Bush were arrested on disorderly conduct and other charges, police said.

Story Highlights

• Effigy of Sen. Barack Obama was hung at University of Kentucky, police say
  • University of Kentucky senior, another man arrested
  • Men arrested on charges of disorderly conduct, burglary and theft

(CNN) -- Two men have been arrested in connection with an effigy of Sen. Barack Obama that was hung outside a building at the University of Kentucky in Lexington, police saidThursday.

Authorities found a life-size effigy of the Democratic presidential candidate hanging from a tree outside the school's Mines and Minerals building on Wednesdaymorning, police said.

Police said they arrested Joe Fischer, 22, a senior at the university, and Hunter Bush, 21, a former student at Bluegrass Community and Technical College.

"This was a serious incident. It caused a lot of wounds to be opened from racial tension," Monroe said.

After following leads and conducting interviews, investigators determined that Fischer and Bush had asked members of a University of Kentucky fraternity for items to make the effigy but did not tell the fraternity members why they wanted them, Monroe said.

Fischer and Bush were arrested on charges of disorderly conduct, burglary and theft by unlawful taking, police said. The burglary and theft charges involve allegedly removing items from a room in the fraternity house.

"We had a pre-established dialogue with this fraternity, and they spoke to us very openly and freely," Monroe said.

Gee... I wonder what race the people that complained were? :tinfoil: But I shouldn't say that, because surely it would be the same issue if someone had strung up a McCain or Palin effigy, right?

Oh, wait!

http://cbs2.com/local/Sarah.Palin.mannequin.2.849299.html

Palin.jpg

A mannequin hanging from a home in West Hollywood has been outfitted to look like Governor Sarah Palin.

JohnMcCainMannequin.jpg

Also displayed at the West Hollywood home was a mannequin of John McCain emerging from flames.

Halloween Palin Prop Sparks Controversy In WeHo

WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (AP) ― A Halloween decoration showing a mannequin dressed as vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin hanging by a noose from the roof of a West Hollywood home is drawing giggles from some passers-by and gasps of outrage from others.

The mannequin is dressed in brunet wig, glasses and a red business suit. Another mannequin dressed as John McCain emerges from a flaming chimney.

Chad Michael Morisette, who lives in the house, told CBS 2 News that drivers and bus passengers have been stopping to snap pictures of the macabre scene.

Morisette says the effigy would be out of bounds at any other time of year, but it's within the spirit of Halloween.

He says "it should be seen as art, and as within the month of October. It's Halloween, it's time to be scary it's time to be spooky."

But... but... there's no mention of him getting in trouble? Surely they simply left that part of the story out, right??? Surely the other dozen examples, lately, of McCain in coffins and either Palin/McCain hung by nooses also simply omitted the perpetrator getting arrested... right???

:rofl:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest canynracer

This is lame...After I saw the Palin one above on the news, I told my wife I was gonna hang a Barack one, and when the cops and news showed up I was going to say, "I will take mine down, when they take theirs down"

She wouldnt let me cause it would make my house a target....

those guys need to get the news on their side and raise a BIG stink about this..

Guest Verbal Kint

I agree.

And before anyone chimes in with "well they were arrested because they stole the stuff"... bull****. If you think that, you've obviously never been in a college fraternity.

I can tell you exactly what happened (within 90% accuracy). They hit up their brothers for the needed materials. Hung up the mannequin. Some black person comes by, sees it, freaks the hell out, and reports it. Police get involved and start questioning them about their motives and where the crap came from. Trail starts leading back to the frat so the CYOA Policy kicks in. Frat brothers deny involvement to keep their organization, as well as themselves, out of the frying pan. Kids get booked on theft. Arrests are suddenly justified, and the offended race is happy. I wouldn't be surprised to see the theft story get changed if/when it heads to court.

Swear to God... if there was still time left in the election, I'd go ahead with my t-shirt idea.

"Don't be a ******. Vote McCain/Palin."

:tinfoil:

P.S. Censored word is a racial slur. Don't like it? Tough ****.

This is a topic that makes my blood boil. When is it legal to call anything related to an individual ethnic group a hate crime? Why give the benefit of protection to one group, in this case, black people? To me this is reverse racism. Hang the white fella, or woman in this particula article, and its just an eye-sore.....Hang the black fella and all hell breaks loose. I call :tinfoil::bs:. If you call it a "hate crime" for one, call it the same for all.

When the population grows and the white majority turns into a minority, will they be covered under affirmative action? For some reason... I suspect not.

Guest Verbal Kint
If you call it a "hate crime" for one, call it the same for all.

Honestly, do away with the entire "hate crime" BS. It's a crime, call it a crime. Doesn't matter what the motive is. Just like a thousand other things, today's society has pushed the hate crime theories beyond rationality. It's retarded. There should be no such label, IMO.

When the population grows and the white majority turns into a minority, will they be covered under affirmative action? For some reason... I suspect not.

Nope. Won't happen.

I agree.

And before anyone chimes in with "well they were arrested because they stole the stuff"... bull****. If you think that, you've obviously never been in a college fraternity.

I can tell you exactly what happened (within 90% accuracy). They hit up their brothers for the needed materials. Hung up the mannequin. Some black person comes by, sees it, freaks the hell out, and reports it. Police get involved and start questioning them about their motives and where the crap came from. Trail starts leading back to the frat so the CYOA Policy kicks in. Frat brothers deny involvement to keep their organization, as well as themselves, out of the frying pan. Kids get booked on theft. Arrests are suddenly justified, and the offended race is happy. I wouldn't be surprised to see the theft story get changed if/when it heads to court.

Swear to God... if there was still time left in the election, I'd go ahead with my t-shirt idea.

"Don't be a ******. Vote McCain/Palin."

:D

P.S. Censored word is a racial slur. Don't like it? Tough ****.

I believe it was you who said to me.." tell us how you really feel"...lmao....

I say ditto, and second and all that. I "feel ya man"

:D:D:doh: