Picked up a new Kahr CW40

Guest abailey362

Guest abailey362

I love my Sig for all of it's greatness, but sometimes a P229 is a bit bulky and I've been wanting to get something smaller for carry when I need it.

Been eying the Kahrs and came upon a deal on a CW40 I couldn't pass up, so I took it home with me today. Got a small clip-on IWB holster and carried it almost all day today at about 4 o'clock and couldn't even tell it was there. I didn't have to wear a baggy shirt, and my wife didn't even notice that I had it on until I pointed it out to her.

Haven't got a chance to shoot it yet, but i've heard good things. will give a range report after I can take it out.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure I'd carry a gun I haven't shot yet, but can understand your enthusiasm in wanting to carry it... :) I have a P229 and was looking at getting a P239 for a summer carry... I look forward to your review of the Kahr...

Guest abailey362

my dress for the day and my destinations (2 malls that are semi-posted) made it pretty necessary to carry it, but it has been shot before and ran flawless, just not by me.

I've carried the PM40 almost since it first came out. I use the Desantis Nemesis pocket holster with a tucked in shirt, and a Don Hume IWB holster with tee shirts or whatever. I love it. It's really flat and conceals easily. I was worried when I first got it because I noticed tiny flecks of black polimer after I shot it. I called the factory and was told that it's normal and would stop after 100 rounds or so. It did, just like they promised. I just never had a "black" gun do that before. But it has never jammed, not once. I fired a box of round nose thru it first, and then at least 100 rounds of JHPs a month for over a year. After I shot it for a few months I got rid of my G27, I liked it so much.

Cherokee Slim

Guest abailey362

well i got to shoot it some yesterday and it ran perfectly. It's as accurate as I am out to 25 yards and fed 3 different types of ball and 3 diff types of JHP that I fed it.

my only complaint is the grip started hurting my hand after the first few mags....gotta find something to mod the grip with