Fitty%'s Army Stories: A.I.T. part-1 FULL VIDEO!

Fitty%

Well done. Thank for sharing! :up: 

I've done some academy training. I know it's not Military, but I can still relate. Some of our DI's were former military, so I got a little experience. :lol: 

The training is fun when you're in shape. I just feel bad for folks who go in after sitting on the couch for years drinking sodas, and eating pizza and ice cream all day. They're the ones puking their guts up after a little PT in the heat. lol 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Well done. Thank for sharing! :up: 

I've done some academy training. I know it's not Military, but I can still relate. Some of our DI's were former military, so I got a little experience. :lol: 

The training is fun when you're in shape. I just feel bad for folks who go in after sitting on the couch for years drinking sodas, and eating pizza and ice cream all day. They're the ones puking their guts up after a little PT in the heat. lol 

Glad you liked it bud!

On 1/7/2017 at 3:36 PM, gun sane said:

You should have joined the Canoe Club.  After boot camp unless you go to Seal training or maybe ship out with the Marines as a hospital corpsman, the Navy couldn't care less what kind of condition you were in.  

What do you mean?

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 3:36 PM, gun sane said:

You should have joined the Canoe Club.  After boot camp unless you go to Seal training or maybe ship out with the Marines as a hospital corpsman, the Navy couldn't care less what kind of condition you were in.  

I've heard that about the Navy and Air Force from a lot of different people but had others tell me they did PT.

1 hour ago, Fitty%TACTICAL said:

What do you mean?

As best I remember hearing the Canoe Club is a reference to the Navy and as in my above comment certain MOS's were reported to have more lax PT standards out of basic. I don't know because I've heard different stories on that. I went the municipal police route and all the guys in police basic said our PT wasn't as tough as their army etc. basic trainings was. Me? I thought it was pretty tough and I busted my ass for six months in advance getting into good enough shape where it wouldn't be so hard.

Really good video and great story narrative, I enjoyed it.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, TNWNGR said:

I've heard that about the Navy and Air Force from a lot of different people but had others tell me they did PT.

We were put through the paces at Great Lakes boot camp in the winter of '66, but most of it was inside big drill halls because of the weather.  I had a hardass for company commander who terrorized and drilled us constantly because he was bucking for chief petty officer and wanted to win every honor flag possible.  After graduation I went to Machinist's Mate "A" School and later out to the fleet.  I served on an aircraft carrier, which is like a floating Navy base.    They didn't have us at PT every morning because we had a ship to run.  Even though we operated off the coast of Vietnam and qualified for combat pay, we were never shot at.   What enemy pilot is going to attack a battle group with six flight wings aboard and electronic equipment that could read you the moment you took off?  The ship was gung-ho, but within our little group five decks below the hangar deck we weren't much for military formality.  The toughest part was enduring 30-day stretches at sea without a break in 100-degree machinery compartments.  I sure don't miss it.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, gun sane said:

We were put through the paces at Great Lakes boot camp in the winter of '66, but most of it was inside big drill halls because of the weather.  I had a hardass for company commander who terrorized and drilled us constantly because he was bucking for chief petty officer and wanted to win every honor flag possible.  After graduation I went to Machinist's Mate "A" School and later out to the fleet.  I served on an aircraft carrier, which is like a floating Navy base.    They didn't have us at PT every morning because we had a ship to run.  Even though we operated off the coast of Vietnam and qualified for combat pay, we were never shot at.   What enemy pilot is going to attack a battle group with six flight wings aboard and electronic equipment that could read you the moment you took off?  The ship was gung-ho, but within our little group five decks below the hangar deck we weren't much for military formality.  The toughest part was enduring 30-day stretches at sea without a break in 100-degree machinery compartments.  I sure don't miss it.

Yeah, the little my dad would talk about of his WW II service was how deep the snow was and how cold it was at Great Lakes. He didn't think to fondly of moving ammunition around at Treasure Island either while waiting on the light cruiser he served on.

• Like 2

I must say, lest anyone think me ungrateful or overly wussy, that my inconvenient experiences aboard ship in the South China Sea are not worthy to be compared with the hell that tens of  thousands of servicemen walked, crawled, ran and were carried through for those long years in 'Nam.  I've met a lot of guys who carry the memories of that life or death conflict in their minds and bodies still today.  A good friend is just back from the hospital after testing to see how far his cancer has progressed which was caused by a big whiff of Agent Orange while in country.  Another friend I knew in boot camp--a hospital corpsman--was posthumously awarded the Silver Star for shielding a wounded Marine with his own body during a mortar attack at Quang Tri.  If you ever get by the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall in D.C., stop by Panel 43W and on Row 14 look for the name of David L. Eisenbraun.  I am so proud to have briefly known him. 

There but for the grace of God go I.

• Like 3