Know your enemy!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Strac

I want an F!!!!!!

If you thought these people were simply anti-gun, you are mistaken. They are anti-legal-gun. They appear to care more about attacking law-abiding folks instead of criminals.

This white paper they did is specifically targetted at CCW. They even argue that putting up the stupid sign makes your business safer --- FROM US!!!.

Stupid, stupid sheep.

http://www.bradycenter.org/xshare/pdf/reports/gunsnbusiness.pdf

I want an F!!!!!!

If you thought these people were simply anti-gun, you are mistaken. They are anti-legal-gun. They appear to care more about attacking law-abiding folks instead of criminals.

This white paper they did is specifically targetted at CCW. They even argue that putting up the stupid sign makes your business safer --- FROM US!!!.

Stupid, stupid sheep.

http://www.bradycenter.org/xshare/pdf/reports/gunsnbusiness.pdf

not only that, but its rife with lies and omissions!! wow!!! I ain't standing next to any of the people that put that paper together.

I'd like to get their sources though..85% of this document is crap..the other 15% is opinion.

not only that, but its rife with lies and omissions!! wow!!! I ain't standing next to any of the people that put that paper together.

I'd like to get their sources though..85% of this document is crap..the other 15% is opinion.

All true, but these guys are cited by the media as a resource and fact center. They are truly anti gun ownership. As Strac mentioned, they are against legal ownership of all firearms. They are an enemy to supporters of 2nd amendment.

Guest CrazyLincoln

Some Brady Misinformation for you....

The Gun Lobby Is Threatening School Safety

Armed students? Armed teachers? That is the response of the gun lobby to the horrible massacre at Virginia Tech. Let's give everyone a gun and start the crossfire. The gun lobby is pushing legislation modeled after a law in Utah that prohibits colleges and universities from barring possession or use of firearms on campus. As a result of the law, 18-year-old kids could carry handguns to class, and kids even younger than 18 could possess AK-47 assault rifles with high-capacity magazines on campus. The gun lobby also wants to arm K-12 teachers.

Uhhh... To have a handgun carry permit you must be 21. So, No. A 16-year old cant bring an AK-47 to class.

"Let's give everyone a gun and start the crossfire"

I'd rather have crossfire than get mowed down.

And the following from their so called "Facts" section:

Q: What is the difference between semi-automatic hunting rifles and semi-automatic assault weapons?

A: Sporting rifles and assault weapons are two distinct classes of firearms. While semi-automatic hunting rifles are designed to be fired from the shoulder and depend upon the accuracy of a precisely aimed projectile, semi-automatic assault weapons are designed to maximize lethal effects through a rapid rate of fire. Assault weapons are designed to be spray-fired from the hip, and because of their design, a shooter can maintain control of the weapon even while firing many rounds in rapid succession.

Show me ANY gun builder, designer, instructor that has EVER shown rapid hip firing as the PROPER way shoot.

Last I checked there were laws against publishing lies.....

Begin rant here

:rant:See, its BS like this gets me really p@#$&d off. I'm all for reasoned debate of the issues, and I can see two sides to many debates related to firearms (carry in bars, carry on posted pvt property, etc) but when a side in the argument resorts to outright falsehoods, either due to ignorance or not, then this marks the end of civil discourse.

Unfortunately, I see this kind of stuff all the time, from organizations for and against various things, politicians, etc. In the end, spreading misinformation or lying to get your message out will only hurt you in the long run. I have also noticed that often times the more extreme the position, the more the person/group resorts to tactics like this. I'm all for free speech, but lies should be pointed out and refuted! Ignorance should be conquered!

As for rapid fire hip-shooting, someone has been watching too much Hollywood. Give me a freakin' break. :D

End rant here.

"Spray-fired from the hip"?

...sigh... :D

One can fire a pump-shotgun from the hip, too (regardless of whether it has a 30" or 8" barrel)...

I'm sure they believe that if you shoot a vehicle with a handgun it will erupt into a massive explosion, too...

People who are out of touch with reality shoud not be taken seriously.

Guest Phantom6

People who are out of touch with reality shoud not be taken seriously.

True, true but unfortunately they have a large following of others that are equally out of touch with reality due to the fact that they listen and believe that bull-ony and more than likely are sure that a gun in an unoccupied room is still able to jump up from the table and shoot something.