.380 ammo getting hard to find?

BenS

I checked three different places yesterday in Knoxville for some Winchester whitebox .380 to burn up at the range, and all three were out of ANY kind of .380. What gives?

Is it this bad everywhere? I checked the Walmart in Halls, Randy's guns and knives, and Coal Creek. The guy at Randy's says they had five boxes total yesterday and someone bought them all. He also said its hard for them to get it in. Is there hoarding going on that I should know about? :rolleyes:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

add "any decent 9mm hollowpoint besides WWB or Federal Hydroshock" in the Jackson/Humbolt area. I went to Dick's, The Great outdoors Store, Parkway, Mike's wasn't open yet and a couple shops in Humbolt. I finally s**t on my moral compass and bought all the 147gr Gold Dot gander mountian (high priced crooks) had.

But all 3 shops in Jackson had plenty of .380 though.

Guest jackdog

I spoke with a salesman at wally world ,according to him no one anticipated the run on guns and Ammo that has occurred since the great O got elected. I was amazed myself yesterday when Lou Dobbs covered the amount guns sales over the last three months.

Last week my wife's boss ask us if we could stop by their place on Monday, Said they needed our help. So we stopped by. The help they wanted was what guns they should purchase for home defense and carry. What was involved with getting a carry permit. Wow I about S**t. these are to of the most anti anti gun folks I have ever met. Gave them a lot of ideas and invited them out to shoot some different guns. they are supposed to come Saturday afternoon.

I wonder how many more anti's are jumping the fence. Maybe the Great O's win will help us 2a folks more than we think

Guest JHatmaker

Also concur with the fellow Nashvillian above. The Wal-Mart's in the area sell out in a matter of 2-3 days of .40/9mm, but fortunately they get loads in a couple times a week. I was in Academy Sports last night and figured I might as well go ahead and get somemore. They only had 3 boxes of .40's left.

I heard somewhere gun sales are up 43% with this time last year. I'm a new gun owner (handgun), and several people I've known not to be "the gun carrying types" are going to get one soon as well. Went ahead and took my permit class. I have no idea what will happen in the future with O running this country but I figured I'd better prepare for anything....

Guest HexHead

I've stopped in at the Walmart in West Nashville over the past couple of weeks. NO .380, 9mm, .38 or .45 at all. Couple of boxes of .357. Plenty of options in .40 S&W. I guess it's not nearly as popular as I thought.

Oh yeah, lots of .32 also.

Guest TennFarmer

Nothing left in 380 inLenoir City, I stopped at Bass Pro in Sevierville today, they've been out for 4-5 weeks. They have a lot of 9mm. None of the big internet suppliers has any. I backordered 1000 rounds thru Sportsman

too bad shooting odd ball calibers is expensive, because it is no problem finding .32 S&W Long and crap like that around here. Try finding 9mm in anything but ball, and you're in a world of hurt. Same with .38. It is even hard to find .22LR.

Guest JHatmaker

Update....

This past Sunday a buddy of mine met me at that outdoor range in Antich, the state run one. He said he went by a Wal*Mart near his house that morning and they had about 20 boxes of 9mm. So around 430 when we were done shooting we headed over to that WM to re-stock.....they had 3 boxes left. :whistle:

Spoke with the dude who works that area and he said WM is starting to order more from the manuf. to keep up with demand, but it'll take a month+ to see the differences. Let's hope so. I too don't want to shell out $25 for 20 HP's

Guest TennFarmer

Gotta check the small town mom and pop stores guys!!! I found 350 rounds of FMJ 380 for cheap yesterday. Also got a 20 round box of Starfire 380 to try. WOOT!!!

Pss...I left some on the shelf for seed. And they had about every other caliber in stock.

Guest B J Elliott
It has been scarce in Murfreesboro as well....I have been out of town for about two weeks though so that could have changed.
Nope, it has not changed, went to Walmart on Rutherford and I was bit..ing to the clerk about how come their shelves were bare all the time and he said that when the ammo truck comes in, no matter how late it is, 11pm, there are people there already and they buy all of it right then, it makes me madder than a wet hen, PANIC BUYING!! BJ Edited by B J Elliott
spelling
Guest mustangdave

My wife and I went to the RK gunshow this afternoon in Smyrna...none of the ammo vendors had any 380 ammo...had to do some shopping on the way home we stopped in the WALLY-World in CS same there...no 380...trundled over to the FRanklin Gunshop same story...Trish is not smilin' right now...she want ammo for her BERSA.

Guest digiears

Stopped at Bass Pro @ Opry Mills and Reloaders bench, no 380 anywhere. I was just checking for a friend. The Reloaders Bench said they didn't even have the components anymore.

:D

Geoff

i found three boxes in north georgia just across the state line last week at a mon and pop general store. they were so old and the price were old too. got all three and chain saw chain (another good price over the big box stores) the dust on the boxes were a killer. the local stores in chatt that i went to this week are out.