Firearms insurance?

Guest hickok

Guest hickok

I've been using Collectibles Insurance for several years now to insure my guns. Back when I checked into it, it was less expensive than State Farm, NRA, or my current Farm Bureau homeowner's policy.

I'm due to renew in a few weeks and thought I'd look around again. Can anybody recommend a company that is reasonable? I think most homeowners policies just cover about $2000.00 or so on the basic policy, and further insurance requires some hefty premiums with some companies.

Thanks for any input.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mugster

Thats a good question. I've in the same boat. You might try farm bureau (think you don't have to have a farm anymore, not sure) or USAA if you have access. Also, musicman on this board is an insurance agent for farmers i think it is, he might be worth a shot. I'd also go to an independant agent and let them look around for the best deal. Sometimes they can hit on a company breaking into a new market or something and get a deal.

Anyway, those are my usual suspects. If you find a good deal, post back. I got to do something in 6 weeks myself.

Guest hickok

Well, after checking prices with my Homeowners carrier (Farm Bureau) and with NRA ArmsCare, I'm sticking with Collectibles Insurance. Collectibles is a little less than half the price for the same coverage. Only thing is, they are more for insuring "collectible" firearms. I might get some additional insurance from NRA or Farm Bureau to cover my Glocks and such.

Edited by hickok
stupididitity