sks mags

Guest looneeetunes

Guest looneeetunes

i am looking for some more sks mags. i have one good metal 30 rounder with no name on it. read some reviews looks like tapco may be the most reliable. but they are only 20 rounders. should i go with that? or is there a dependable 30 rounder out there?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest v3bahumut

Tapco 20 round polymer is the only way to go.

Just remember, you have to play the 10 or less game with a USA made mag.

Edited by v3bahumut
Guest .45Jon
People keep trying to make the SKS into an AK. The 10 round stock mag works. Period.

I guess people just trying to get full potential out of their SKS, I might pick up some...I've heard nothing but good things out of the tapco 20 rounder...but the stock 10 rounder def is the most reliable hands down.

My brother has tried every 30 rounder out there on his and it none are worth a darn IMO...I stick to the stock 10rn mag, reliability before round capacity.

Guest crotalus01

The 30 round metal magazines arent woth a crap, the feed lips will bend slightly and cause FTFs or it just doesnt sit in the magwell correctly and jams the bullets into the feedramp. Tapco 20 round mags work great in mine, never had a single problem with them.

I have seen 30 round polymer mags made by Cobray and Promag but I have not tried them out. I can say that the Cobray Zytel mags I have for my M11 SUCK, so I would be more inclined to try the ones Promag makes.

http://www.thecountryshed.com/sks_magazines.htm

I got one of the 30 round mags for mine, but I never put it on. Using stripper clips on the original 10 round helped make sure I didn't run through too much ammo "just shootin'". That's been known to happen a few times with my Mini-14's.

As an fyi, the few friends of mine who've owned an SKS with a higher capacity magazine always swore by the polymer ones from Tapco.

I have a tapco 20 rounder I would trade for a factory 10 rounder. I am keeping it in the wood stock and I hacked the wood up around the mag well and it still doesnt like to go in. I have sanded a little on the tapco but it will function like a new one didnt modify it or anything. I would just rather have a factory one instead. my sks didnt come with one.