Where to buy Bullet jackets

Guest jth_3s

Guest jth_3s

Im wanting to get into making my own bullets but want to avoid having to size and lube them. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy Bullet jackets in bulk and if anyone has ever done this.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

???

Do you mean the copper jackets, like jacketed bullets have? Adding jackets to lead bullets is not something you can just "do", unfortunately. You can add gas checks to the base of the bullets to help prevent leading or excess burning of the lead for hotter loads. Like this: http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/BrowseProducts.aspx?pageNum=1&tabId=1&categoryId=8658&categoryString=9315***685***

Sorry dude, I don't think you're going to have an easy way out, here.

Guest jth_3s

Somebody told me you could buy the jackets and fill them with lead. I found some on gunbroker and another website but I dont know alot about it

??? Never heard of that before. Got links?

In the cheaper jacketed bullets, the jacket is stamped on after the bullet has been cast.

Even if you could pour a jacket full of lead, I'd bet those would be some ugly bullets and uniformity would be hard to accomplish as well. If there were some such machinery to help with the process, that sounds like you're right back to doing as much work as sizing and lubing.

Please post up whatever links you have about this, you've got me really interested now!

Edited by musicman
Guest jth_3s

Sizing and Lubing wasnt the only thing I was trying to avoid. I was also trying to find a way to avoid having to get a new barrel for my glock since you arent supposed to shoot lead out of the factory ones

Guest FroggyOne2

Here is the web site that you are looking for! http://www.corbins.com/

You may also contact http://www.bergerbullets.com/ to see if they will sell J4 jackets to you.

Getting set up to make your own jacketed bullets is expesive, but in the long run, if you make a design that works, will pay for it self in the long run. There are many custom bullet makers that use Corbin equipment. Another company that makes equipment is http://www.rceco.com/ .

Spend the time to read these pages.. you will learn a lot.. hope that this helps.

aftermarket traditionally-rifled Glock barrels aren't incredibly expensive. Have you looked into the Lone Wolf stuff? Just pay the extra $10 to not have that goofy logo in the top of the chamber!

Hmm.... the jacket stuff looks interesting. I've never seen that before. Thanks for showing it to me!