dralarm or anyone with home alarm experience

Guest db99wj

Guest db99wj

I have an older system, it is a Magnum Alert keypad and it has a constant ring going on. All the lights are on, ARMED/ALARM; STATUS; BYPASS, No light is on FIRE/TROUBLE. The display has "3". I tried setting the alarm, but nothing. I tried resetting, which is holding "9" until it beeps. Nothing happens.

What is going on? Could the battery be going bad?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an older system, it is a Magnum Alert keypad and it has a constant ring going on. All the lights are on, ARMED/ALARM; STATUS; BYPASS, No light is on FIRE/TROUBLE. The display has "3". I tried setting the alarm, but nothing. I tried resetting, which is holding "9" until it beeps. Nothing happens.

What is going on? Could the battery be going bad?

Sound like either the battery or the Chip has died.

Now the smoke detector is chirping at us.

Now sounds more like the battery

Alarm guy called me, he said the same thing, I disconnected battery and it is non functional, he will be here shortly.

When you disconnected the battery did the panel die or just stop all the beeping junk?

Oh and BTW if you need me email is usually faster @ tnalarmtech (at) gmail (dot) com. Sorry I just found this thread.

Alarm guy called me, he said the same thing, I disconnected battery and it is non functional, he will be here shortly.

They will usually charge you $35-$100 for the battery. You can get one at Radio Shack for about $15-$20.

Guest db99wj

Ok, still getting a bunch of flashing and a "1" in the display. Guess I need to do a full reset, press and hold "9" until beep, then press and hold "1" until the alarm sounds, then it should be reset...

Will have to wait until baby wakes up from nap.

Edited by db99wj
Guest db99wj
Sound like either the battery or the Chip has died.

Now sounds more like the battery

When you disconnected the battery did the panel die or just stop all the beeping junk?

Oh and BTW if you need me email is usually faster @ tnalarmtech (at) gmail (dot) com. Sorry I just found this thread.

Panel stopped beeping and died to I believe.

Guest db99wj

Now getting a 1, 2 and 3...:D

FLASHING #1 ON DISPLAY . . . This signifies a POWER FAILURE. Our transformer is possibly unplugged from the wall outlet. Or the outlet that our transformer is plugged into is out of service possibly due to a blown fuse or circuit breaker.

FLASHING #2 ON DISPLAY . . . This signifies a LOW BATTERY. If your power was temporarily out or our transformer was unplugged from the wall outlet or the outlet that our transformer is plugged into was out of service the back up battery will power the system. It should power the alarm system for about 12 hours.

When power is restored it will take a couple of hours for the battery to recharge. If it doesn't recharge within 6 hours, you may require a new battery. The battery needs to be replaced approximately every 3 or 4 years.

FLASHING #3 ON DISPLAY . . . This signifies a COMMUNICATOR FAILURE. Your alarm system tried to communicate with the Central Station but the call did not get through. Call 1-888-ALL ISLAND to schedule a service call.

Guest db99wj
Need you to go look at the main board and tell me the model number.

Sent you an email, with pictures...:rolleyes: 1st one was on the comcast the other was on the gmail acct above.

Going to dinner, be back in a little while. Wife is calling for me

Sent you an email, with pictures...:rolleyes: 1st one was on the comcast the other was on the gmail acct above.

Going to dinner, be back in a little while. Wife is calling for me

Sent you a very detailed description of my opinion of steps to follow now. Having a multi meter (even a cheap one from lowes or auto zone) would make testing what you need to easier.

Guest db99wj
Sent you a very detailed description of my opinion of steps to follow now. Having a multi meter (even a cheap one from lowes or auto zone) would make testing what you need to easier.

Thanks, sent you another one back.