Anyone a fan of 2011s?

Not a fan of the "modern" style exactly. I prefer the Para Ordnance look. But I do like many of the old look 2011s. the double stack 45 is definitely a great piece. Not saying the race gun style is bad, some are really good looking. I just prefer the original 1911 look. 

I had seven Staccato's, P 4.14 Full, P DPO, two C2 DPO's, two C Single Stack's, and a CS DPO. They are all great guns and handled great. I sold all but two of them, I kept one C that I had Monsoon Tactical do their Genghis Comp on it, had the Bbl coated in DLC I then installed a Wilson Combat Bullet Proof Single Side Thumb Saftey and a flat faced trigger. The CS I have I did the exact same mods except for the Comp. I rotate carrying them they shoot great never had a problem with any of them. I'm going to get the new C  Double Stack soon, overall they are great for the price point. Now a NightHawk, Gun Crafters, Staccato's XC and few other higher end 2011's are on another level as far as quality and more attention that goes into building them. Overall I'd rather carry a 2011, and that's coming from someone who is a die hard 1911 fan, I had fifteen of those once from a Springfield Armory basic GI model to a couple of Wilson Combat CQBE's a few NightHawk's five Les Baer's and Gun Crafter.

I bought my first one in the early 2000s and it's been a downhill slide into addiction ever since.   My single stacks really haven't seen the range very much since then.  I've built several and still have a few frames and slide sets I need to do something with.  

2011s-2020.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I dearly love the 1911. But I'm not a fan of the double stack style. Its heavy, bulky and doesn't feel right in my hand.

I do have a Para-Ordnance P-14. But I don't shoot it much. I keep it because my younger son gave it to me and its a commemorative version for his service in Iraq. 

lpaFonR.jpg

• Like 2
10 hours ago, ken_mays said:

I bought my first one in the early 2000s and it's been a downhill slide into addiction ever since.   My single stacks really haven't seen the range very much since then.  I've built several and still have a few frames and slide sets I need to do something with.  

2011s-2020.jpg

Holy #### man! That's a sick collection.

9 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

I dearly love the 1911. But I'm not a fan of the double stack style. Its heavy, bulky and doesn't feel right in my hand.

I do have a Para-Ordnance P-14. But I don't shoot it much. I keep it because my younger son gave it to me and its a commemorative version for his service in Iraq. 

lpaFonR.jpg

Nice pistol!

I hear you! They're definitely not for everyone. I actually like the weight for plinking. And I really like the aesthetic/modern look of many 2011s. Like a current model sports car vs a classic muscle car.

Just picked up this little guy last week to replace my G29 as the new EDC. I absolutely love how 2011s fit in my hand. First time I felt the base model RIA DS 10mm, it was a match made in heaven. 1911s are cool and all but they always felt odd in my paw which is why I don't own any. Maybe it's dainty manlet sized hands, who knows. My only real complaint is the slide release is an awkwardly long reach for me. Both on that Bul Ultralight but also my Cosaint Arms COS21 10mm.

PXL_20240424_223901989~2.jpg

• Like 2

BULL ARMORY makes some good 2011's, did you have to order that one or did you find it in stock somewhere. I've been searching around for awhile on one of the compact models like yours, you can PM me the details if you'd like. Interested in were you got it and the cost. Enjoy shooting that one.

The systems says you can't receive messages so I'm just posting here.

I found it on Armslist lightly used with 4 mags, IWB holster, and all the other factory bits for $1500 FTF. Considering they are hard to find and go for $2000+ on GB regularly, it seemed like a great deal. Previous owner said he waited 6 months for it new from factory.  Super comfortable shooter for its size and weight. 

you did good, I've thought about ordering one but the wait times are a killer for me and I only use Gun Broker to check out the guns I'm looking for that have are FFL's and then I either look the them  up on a search to get the store information, or message them through Gun Broker about purchasing it directly from them to cut out the sales tax especially if it's above a $1000. It has worked out about 90% of the time for me.